IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
My new internship is crazy brehs. These guys are giving me carte blanche to learn some cool shyt :damn:

Bout to learn everything i can from this Active Directory wizard :leon:

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
You're on the same path that I took breh, you finna be eating real good in a couple years :eat:

If you want a shortcut to six figures, get your CISSP. It's a pretty simple test but will put you ahead of damn near every other Cisco/AD guy you go up against even if you don't go into security.
Im so focused right now breh its a beautiful feeling :whew: I seriously feel I can hit 100k in 2 years if I hustle hard enough.

I most definitely will be going all the way CCIE for R/S...But Is the CISSP really that valuable?
That CCIE/CISSP Lifestyle :lupe:

Daps
Im so focused right now breh its a beautiful feeling :whew: I seriously feel I can hit 100k in 2 years if I hustle hard enough.

I most definitely will be going all the way CCIE for R/S...But Is the CISSP really that valuable?
I have nearly tripled my compensation since getting my CISSP a few years back. its worth it.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

15 Top-Paying Certifications for 2015

3. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
$110,603

Offered by the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC)2, CISSP is designed to provide vendor-neutral security expertise, similar to the certifications ISACA offers. Launched in 1994, CISSP consists of an exam based around ten different areas in computer security, including risk analysis, cloud computing, security when developing applications, mobile, cryptography, physical security, business continuity and disaster recovery planning, and legal and compliance issues.

CISSP candidates must have at least five years of full-time experience in at least two of the ten areas tested. If you don't have the work experience, you can earn an Associate of (ISC)2 designation while working toward the full certification.

CISSP certification has a broad focus, covering many areas in a single certification. There is also a requirement to earn Continuous Professional Education (CPE) credits every year to remain certified. There are nearly 96,000 CISSPs worldwide, with approximately two-thirds of them in the United States.
Ever since I got my CISSP, my phone is constantly getting blown up for 6 figure jobs. I think @Ice_MF_Mike has his CISSP too, he can chime in.

Even if you never go into security, you'll ALWAYS be ahead of other applicants who don't have it. A CCIE Security/CISSP combo will have you turning down $150,000 jobs because they don't pay enough.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Bout to learn everything i can from this Active Directory wizard :leon:

Learn it well breh. This could be your future in a few years (peep the rate):

BKzf0HY.png

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Brehette.

& I'm not going the Networking route. It's just a requirement I have to take towards my degree.

Naw, go into networking. It's rare as hell to find a black women in networking. I'm tired of seeing these ugly cacs :scust:

Unless you're busted then we don't want you :camby:

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Hey brehs, been studying compTIA for the past month. I know passing the exam only will not help get on the path to 6 figures but can any brehs recommend a place to find help desk positions to further my IT experience. Indeed.com is not helping me very much since I need prior experience for most of the jobs:wow:

Look at IT services or contracting places like ManTech, since your location says the DMV. . They should have small jobs to contract you out on that shouldn't require much experience.