IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

GoGetMyDamnBelt_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MIA
Naw, go into networking. It's rare as hell to find a black women in networking. I'm tired of seeing these ugly cacs :scust:

Unless you're busted then we don't want you :camby:

My pic is in the avi, hun

& I find that women in the computer field PERIOD is rare. I don't know whether it's a good or bad thing.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Ask in here yet I'm getting laughed at for my lack of knowledge :wow:

This the coli, if you came on here to boost your self esteem I'd advise you close your account out ASAP :mjlol:

Only the demons last around here :demonic:

& I find that women in the computer field PERIOD is rare. I don't know whether it's a good or bad thing.

Surprisingly I've worked with a lot of women for some reason (at least in security).

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Brehette.

& I'm not going the Networking route. It's just a requirement I have to take towards my degree.
Not laughing at you :whoa:

We've all started from the bottom with no knowledge. I went down that road in school :heh: Just a funny/innocent thing to see at this point in my career is all. Good luck, we need more brehetts in IT.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Not laughing at you :whoa:

We've all started from the bottom with no knowledge. I went down that road in school :heh: Just a funny/innocent thing to see at this point in my career is all. Good luck, we need more brehetts in IT.

Breh, I remember the first time I started studying for the A+ and they were talking about IRQ's. I sat there reading that shyt like :dahell: :jbhmm: :dwillhuh: :skip: :patrice: :what:

GoGetMyDamnBelt_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MIA
Breh, I remember the first time I started studying for the A+ and they were talking about IRQ's. I sat there reading that shyt like :dahell: :jbhmm: :dwillhuh: :skip: :patrice: :what:

Lol I'm studying the A+ also and I feel the same way. Whatever I don't understand, I write it down and go do research on it. Watch videos if I can, to get more understanding. IT field is something you shouldn't short cut in because they're all needed in a job.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Lol I'm studying the A+ also and I feel the same way. Whatever I don't understand, I write it down and go do research on it. Watch videos if I can, to get more understanding. IT field is something you shouldn't short cut in because they're all needed in a job.

The funny part is 75% of the shyt you learn on these exams you'll never use on a job :heh:

Half the shyt I learned during the CISSP I forgot as soon as I left the exam center :ahh:

Daps
15 Top-Paying Certifications for 2015

Ever since I got my CISSP, my phone is constantly getting blown up for 6 figure jobs. I think @Ice_MF_Mike has his CISSP too, he can chime in.

Even if you never go into security, you'll ALWAYS be ahead of other applicants who don't have it. A CCIE Security/CISSP combo will have you turning down $150,000 jobs because they don't pay enough.
truth.

Daps

Actually if you play it right it can be a good thing. I dont see a ton of women in IT, but the ones i do are higher up. Like CIOs and CTOs and the like. I think networking is the key.

Whats interesting is i find other countries have way more women in IT.

GoGetMyDamnBelt_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MIA
Actually if you play it right it can be a good thing. I dont see a ton of women in IT, but the ones i do are higher up. Like CIOs and CTOs and the like. I think networking is the key.

Whats interesting is i find other countries have way more women in IT.
:patrice: