IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
can international students studying in the US join?

Yes... they have a student membership rate. But I didn't actually join. I just went to the career fair they hosted. I didn't really see the value in the membership. But I won't assume that there isn't some benefit, I just didn't see it. Maybe you can get your school to help you pay for the membership though.

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Hey brehs, been studying compTIA for the past month. I know passing the exam only will not help get on the path to 6 figures but can any brehs recommend a place to find help desk positions to further my IT experience. Indeed.com is not helping me very much since I need prior experience for most of the jobs:wow:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Hey brehs, been studying compTIA for the past month. I know passing the exam only will not help get on the path to 6 figures but can any brehs recommend a place to find help desk positions to further my IT experience. Indeed.com is not helping me very much since I need prior experience for most of the jobs:wow:

Tech support for a cell phone carrier or ISP in their call centers, Geek Squad, local university/community college

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
Brehs, how common is it in this industry to be sitting on your ass with nothing to do most of the day?

I've been working at my current job for about 3 months, and outside of a few crunch time deadlines, I'm really just chilling most of the day. I imagine things will change once I become more senior but even some of the more experienced people on my team don't usually seem terribly busy.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Took all my resume postings down and now these recruiters coming out the woodworks with offers.

I should put up a new one saying offer must exceed 80k

Silkk

Daps
fukk it, bout to hit em back & demand a crazy number :lolbron:

Silkk

Daps
"We are waiting for client to respond with the rates . What would you be looking for?"

"I need 77,000 of them thangs."
giphy.gif

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Brehs, how common is it in this industry to be sitting on your ass with nothing to do most of the day?

I've been working at my current job for about 3 months, and outside of a few crunch time deadlines, I'm really just chilling most of the day. I imagine things will change once I become more senior but even some of the more experienced people on my team don't usually seem terribly busy.
Hire up you get, less work you do.

Seriously

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
need some help bruh's.im 20 years old and got kicked out of college for fukking up in my classes:stopitslime:. I wanna start new and pursue IT. I know this shyt won't be easy but i aint tryna be like my other friends on the street doing nuthin. So i see almost 441 pages of this topic but can some give me step by step what to do?. If it helps im very good with computers i can build/fix them. I herd i shud get a B.S help me out:mjcry:

Daps
need some help bruh's.im 20 years old and got kicked out of college for fukking up in my classes:stopitslime:. I wanna start new and pursue IT. I know this shyt won't be easy but i aint tryna be like my other friends on the street doing nuthin. So i see almost 441 pages of this topic but can some give me step by step what to do?. If it helps im very good with computers i can build/fix them. I herd i shud get a B.S help me out:mjcry:
start here.

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Took all my resume postings down and now these recruiters coming out the woodworks with offers.

I should put up a new one saying offer must exceed 80k
fukk it, bout to hit em back & demand a crazy number :lolbron:

I'm in the same position man. Ever since I got my new gig I've been flooded with calls and emails every day. I'm about to start fukking with em too :lolbron:

Dudes kicking me system analyst roles with project management / coding / consulting aspects on top of normal desktop support. all I have is net+/a+ and some python skills:why::leon:

Might as well see what happens :jbhmm: