IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Career academy doesn't have lab simulation for hands-on training like Testout. I wouldn't invest in a course that doesn't have a lab simulation to practice configuration of operating system, setting up a network , and troubleshoot computer-related issues. Testout is the complete package that is similar to a college course that comes with a lab.
They don't have many cert training packages, might get on this CCNA, Server 2012, & Linux tho

Daps
Bruh I've been fukking up ever since I got my PS4 too :russ:

I'm either playing 2K with the homies or watching basketball on tv when I could be studying some shyt :francis:
Bruh turn that game off. I used to be the same way. But once i stopped playing games, career took off. come get this money. :feedme: You can play video games when you are posted up in a big ass crib with wifey cookin in the kitchen.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I'm the client/user of the data. My job is to take the metrics brought down from Google Analytics and other in-house tools we use that scrap all websites nightly and develop analytics/reporting around it. There are about 9 or 10 GA metrics we currently use to track site performance along with a bunch of other metrics from in-house tools created by the dev teams to track site compliance (i.e. making sure all of the websites are complaint with standards set forth by boards of governance). I'm basically marrying all of this data together on the backend (using mainly SQL) and then building out the different dashboards in Tableau.
:feedme:

Im a Business Analyst now and have intermidiate SQL skills, what i need to do to eat breh

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
:feedme:

Im a Business Analyst now and have intermidiate SQL skills, what i need to do to eat breh

Learn enough about SQL where you fully understand shyt like pivoting/unpivoting data, rollup function, data partitions, cte's, sub-queries, etc. Get a good data visulazation tool under your belt like Qlikview or Tableau.Then learn BI. Once you have that down, you can work anywhere you want.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Bruh turn that game off. I used to be the same way. But once i stopped playing games, career took off. come get this money. :feedme: You can play video games when you are posted up in a big ass crib with wifey cookin in the kitchen.

That's my issue bruh. I'm already getting top 5% cash. Now my motivation isn't the same :francis:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Learn enough about SQL where you fully understand shyt like pivoting/unpivoting data, rollup function, data partitions, cte's, sub-queries, etc. Get a good data visulazation tool under your belt like Qlikview or Tableau.Then learn BI. Once you have that down, you can work anywhere you want.
I plan on taking a BI class thats offered with my masters program. And with SQL its like Excel where everyone knows alot but still its stuff you may not know thus i never like using the word expert.

Daps
That's my issue bruh. I'm already getting top 5% cash. Now my motivation isn't the same :francis:
I was kind of like that for a bit. But you have to keep it movin. Things change quickly in IT. For me, that's enough to keep me motivated. You making top 5% cash? Start making top 2% cash. Retire early. :myman:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I was kind of like that for a bit. But you have to keep it movin. Things change quickly in IT. For me, that's enough to keep me motivated. You making top 5% cash? Start making top 2% cash. Retire early. :myman:

Outside of PMP and maybe CBAP any reccomened certs for a BA you think would help? Gonna have my masters completed god willing next yr and im thinking about getting a SCRUM master cert since i dont work in an agile enviroment currently but agile is pretty much the popular thing now

Daps
Outside of PMP and maybe CBAP any reccomened certs for a BA you think would help? Gonna have my masters completed god willing next yr and im thinking about getting a SCRUM master cert since i dont work in an agile enviroment currently but agile is pretty much the popular thing now
Not that i can think of though im not in the BA space. What i usually do when im thinking about getting more certs or skills is look at the jobs that are out there that i want to get and see what they are asking for. Also, if i can add a unique cert that is a combination many folks dont have i might do that as well. I also will use recruiters(good recruiters that i have vetted) to gain insight on what folks are looking for). They get a bad rap but good executive recruiters can be very valuable. Either way it sounds like you are headed in the right direction.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Not that i can think of though im not in the BA space. What i usually do when im thinking about getting more certs or skills is look at the jobs that are out there that i want to get and see what they are asking for. Also, if i can add a unique cert that is a combination many folks dont have i might do that as well. I also will use recruiters(good recruiters that i have vetted) to gain insight on what folks are looking for). They get a bad rap but good executive recruiters can be very valuable. Either way it sounds like you are headed in the right direction.
Yea im 27 now and goal is 6 figures by 33-35, so im trying to get it in before i have kids and stuff.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

Once I broke 200k/yr I realized I was pretty much at the top of my field. If I ever wanted to make some real paper I gotta work for myself.

My goal now is trying to hit 200k/mo.....finna be a hot summer brehs:wow:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
This PostgreSQL taking me back to my programming days with all these functions and shyt. I feel :flabbynsick:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Once I broke 200k/yr I realized I was pretty much at the top of my field. If I ever wanted to make some real paper I gotta work for myself.

My goal now is trying to hit 200k/mo.....finna be a hot summer brehs:wow:

:wow: how you about to line this up sir?

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
:wow: how you about to line this up sir?

Me and my girl are in business together. That's why I was asking about PPC campaigns yesterday. I'm also about to open up a store in either the West End or the Doraville area this month.

I'm trying to get my money right so I can bless those hard working sisters at Follies and Magic City :blessed: