IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Trying to do a little somethin with adwords too.
I tried to generate traffic organically but :francis: my competition got bullshyt backlinks too. Gonna try some cpc.

/

On topic I passed my 70 410. Half way through 411 then 412 by feb I hope. Though I would track back and do CCNP but I find servers more interesting :yeshrug:

Likely to go straight for MCSE, really Im just tryna get to the money at top speed but I guess it helps to enjoy it too :ehh:

How many exams you got left?

How much does the CCNA course cost? I don't know of any school with job placement worth a damn. You would be better off befriending someone already working in IT with some pull.

The job placement program at my school sucked too. They gave us this bullshyt resume template to use that was god awful.

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
I'm learning about digital marketing right now. I have an adwords, twitter, and facebook campaigns set to run tomorrow.

Still trying to figure this shyt out

Learning them all at once :leon:

ppc is most complicated of the three (paid search)

fb and twitter are easier to grasp

I'm currently using Google Analytics data at one of my jobs now with no previous experience with Google Analytics. It isn't that difficult to understand.

on the surface yea, but digital analytics / google analytics, when properly trained, can get pretty complicated (understanding things like sources, mediums, referrals, funnel visualizations, goal setting / tracking, events and more)

and the knowledge is worth $

Trying to do a little somethin with adwords too.
I tried to generate traffic organically but :francis: my competition got bullshyt backlinks too. Gonna try some cpc.

nice, good luck

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Learning them all at once :leon:

ppc is most complicated of the three (paid search)

fb and twitter are easier to grasp

on the surface yea, but digital analytics / google analytics, when properly trained, can get pretty complicated (understanding things like sources, mediums, referrals, funnel visualizations, goal setting / tracking, events and more)

and the knowledge is worth $

nice, good luck

I'm looking at my ctr and it's less than 2% on all 3 platforms. I think I need to redo my landing page because I don't think it's converting well. I also need to setup retargeting too :patrice:

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
How many exams you got left?

2 for CCNP (done route, failed once:mjcry:)
MCSE 4 left (411 booked :lupe:)

Im hoping all can be done by july but no idea if thats realistic for the MCSE.

I expect switch to be easy..well comparitivly... tshoot should be fine just i find it so boring :why:

Tryna get my ass in gear...at work I really dont do nothin 3 or 4 days outta the week so I got mad comfortable watchin movies and shyt :yeshrug:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
2 for CCNP (done route, failed once:mjcry:)
MCSE 4 left (411 booked :lupe:)

Im hoping all can be done by july but no idea if thats realistic for the MCSE.

I expect switch to be easy..well comparitivly... tshoot should be fine just i find it so boring :why:

Tryna get my ass in gear...at work I really dont do nothin 3 or 4 days outta the week so I got mad comfortable watchin movies and shyt :yeshrug:

I'd recommend picking one, knocking it out, then going for the other. Just speaking for myself but when I tried to go back and forth I would lose focus.

Which CCNP and which MCSE are you working on and which one are you the most interested in?

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Are you involved in the creation of these marketing campaigns or do you just work with/support them?

I'm the client/user of the data. My job is to take the metrics brought down from Google Analytics and other in-house tools we use that scrap all websites nightly and develop analytics/reporting around it. There are about 9 or 10 GA metrics we currently use to track site performance along with a bunch of other metrics from in-house tools created by the dev teams to track site compliance (i.e. making sure all of the websites are complaint with standards set forth by boards of governance). I'm basically marrying all of this data together on the backend (using mainly SQL) and then building out the different dashboards in Tableau.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I'm the client/user of the data. My job is to take the metrics brought down from GA and other in-house tools we use that scrap all websites nightly and develop analytics/reporting around it. There are about 9 or 10 GA metrics we currently used for performance along with a bunch of other metrics from in-house tools created by the dev teams to track compliance (i.e. making sure all of the websites are complaint with standards set forth by boards of governance). I'm basically marrying all of this data together on the backend and building out the different dashboards in Tableau.

What does Tableau do :lupe:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
What does Tableau do :lupe:

Tableau Software

Tableau is a Visual Analytics tool used to visualize/tell a story from data. You can build hierarchies, perform in-memory data-blending with data from different sources, create data extracts, create additional dimensionality within the data, create mobile-based reports, etc.

It's probably the best Analytics tool on the market today

Google Tableau Salaries.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
@aXiom Whats good breh? :lupe:
Wait for me dammit :damn:

Breh I been fukking up.. Ended up picking up a ps4 over the holidays.. :snoop:

Plan is to be back in full swing by this weekend though.. How was the 410?

Seems we're interested in the same things... Though I originally started studying ccnp route before msca, routing and switching just clicks for me.. I can get lost in the CLI.. I find servers a bit more of a chore... How much time did you put into the 410? Haven't touched any material in about 6 weeks.. :snoop:

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Seems we're interested in the same things... Though I originally started studying ccnp route before msca, routing and switching just clicks for me.. I can get lost in the CLI.. I find servers a bit more of a chore... How much time did you put into the 410? Haven't touched any material in about 6 weeks.. :snoop:
:russ:
You be alright. I started over in december. I did 2 CBT vids a day and labbed everythinnnng on the weekends.

Total of 3 weeks, its really not that big of a deal once you knuckle down. Trying to revise slowly over the course of two months left my knowledge mad gappy so I just had to attack it.

I got my hunger back...was pretendin like i didnt see this thread for a good month or two :francis:
Plus new year and all that :yeshrug:
Looked back at last year and told myself I need to change the story:snoop:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL

Bruh I've been fukking up ever since I got my PS4 too :russ:

I'm either playing 2K with the homies or watching basketball on tv when I could be studying some shyt :francis: