IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
@FreshFromATL Do you know of any sufficient Tableau training programs? Depending on some moves I`m working out for this month I wanna self learn it one weekend and take a SCRUM cert class. Would you say a training tutorial of the basics in Tableau is sufficient for someone who can grasp stuff fairly quickly? i.e..Learn foundations then be able to play around to learn more advance functions. Dont want to just take a tutorial and list it on my resume if there is much more to it.

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@bdizzle gonna come through like you broke boys still fixin puters n shyt:mjlol: lemme hold 10 tho :dame:

/

ItProTV straight bodies CBT nuggets. Been using it this week i dont think im gonna cancel.

I found a code online SN30 gives 30% off the sub and 7 days free so you can try it and then cancel.

But so far :blessed:

Plus with the sub you get practice labs n 3 free transcender exams :myman:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
@FreshFromATL Do you know of any sufficient Tableau training programs? Depending on some moves I`m working out for this month I wanna self learn it one weekend and take a SCRUM cert class. Would you say a training tutorial of the basics in Tableau is sufficient for someone who can grasp stuff fairly quickly? i.e..Learn foundations then be able to play around to learn more advance functions. Dont want to just take a tutorial and list it on my resume if there is much more to it.

I learned Tableau mostly hands-on at work and through self-study. Have you ever used any BI reporting tools? If so, that would definitely ease the learning curve of Tableau.

Go to this link tableau tutorial - YouTube and follow whichever tutorial you can digest best. Also, go to Tableau's website and download the software, they have great tutorials as well. If you list it on the resume, people going to want to know the type of dashboards you've developed (operational, analytic, etc.), if you've created calculations, used action/global filters, done any data blending, used data extracts, etc. All of this can be understood/learned via the tutorials.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I learned Tableau mostly hands-on at work and through self-study. Have you ever used any BI reporting tools? If so, that would definitely ease the learning curve of Tableau.

Go to this link tableau tutorial - YouTube and follow whichever tutorial you can digest best. Also, go to Tableau's website and download the software, they have great tutorials as well. If you list it on the resume, people going to want to know the type of dashboards you've developed (operational, analytic, etc.), if you've created calculations, used action/global filters, done any data blending, used data extracts, etc. All of this can be understood/learned via the tutorials.

Thanks, like I said I plan on taking a BI class since it is offered as part of my masters curriculum, but it is not being offered yet this semester. I`m wondering if that would be my better option so at least I have BI foundational skills going in to using Tableau (unless we end up using it in the Class).

my background is as a BA in Software Dev, but I noticed more BA gigs in BI nowadays when it comes to stuff not asking for 10+ yrs exp, so at least having the skill set would help.

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
@bdizzle gonna come through like you broke boys still fixin puters n shyt:mjlol: lemme hold 10 tho :dame:

/

ItProTV straight bodies CBT nuggets. Been using it this week i dont think im gonna cancel.

I found a code online SN30 gives 30% off the sub and 7 days free so you can try it and then cancel.

What do you like better than cbt over it?

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What do you like better than cbt over it?

I feel they cover shyt very closely with the objectives of the exam. I did use CBT for CCNA but I felt it wasnt deep enough.

They have simulated labs so if you dont have a lab environment you can do excercises right there in the browser.

They often pair hosts so it feels more like a conversation and makes it less bland at for me.

And production is high quality :yeshrug:

Like I said you can get that 7 says free and cancel before they charge you if you want.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I feel they cover shyt very closely with the objectives of the exam. I did use CBT for CCNA but I felt it wasnt deep enough.

They have simulated labs so if you dont have a lab environment you can do excercises right there in the browser.

They often pair hosts so it feels more like a conversation and makes it less bland at for me.

Like I said you can get that 7 says free and cancel before they charge you if you want.

Man y'all nikkas got it easy out here. None of that shyt existed when I was getting my certs :mjcry:

Most you'd have was the test engine on the CD that came with the book :wow:

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest

Just watched a preview video and the presentation alone shyts on cbt..props breh.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

/

Kinda off topic but wordpress is versataile as hell. itpro.tv is a wordpress site :leon:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
yea. ive been fukking around with wordpress for the last few days. you can do alot with it.

Yeah. I have 3 wordpress sites and lately I've been trying to get into it heavy. Right now I'm going through Google AdWords certification course online cause this adwords shyt ain't as simple as I thought.

I actually thought I was done with this cert shyt too :francis: