IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
:mjcry:

I'm really not about this help desk life. Constant calls and dealing with customers with bad attitudes..

One month down, and hopefully no more than 11 to go.

tofuspeedstar

Bosozoku Champion
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Left the office yesterday at 2 A.M. Woke up at 9..back in the office by 10.

LIVIN THE IT DREAM, BROTHERS.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
This isn't IT related but how would you guys react if you found out I got a job as a retail sales associate working 2 days a week making $17 an hour/biweekly paychecks....and getting a bonus for when i participate in "conference calls" for the company :mjpls:

23 years of age now...I think I'm having a better start than a certain person with a red black and green flag who at my age was making $5.00 an hour and eating ramen noodles and living in cardboard boxes :mjpls:
What kind of "retail" sales are those? :mjpls:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:mjcry:

I'm really not about this help desk life. Constant calls and dealing with customers with bad attitudes..

One month down, and hopefully no more than 11 to go.

Why don't you just hang up when you get the people who have attitudes so bad you don't wanna deal with them? :yeshrug:

Especially the cacs. Don't let them disrespect you. I mean what are they gonna do write a letter saying they got hung up on?

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
This isn't IT related but how would you guys react if you found out I got a job as a retail sales associate working 2 days a week making $17 an hour/biweekly paychecks....and getting a bonus for when i participate in "conference calls" for the company :mjpls:

23 years of age now...I think I'm having a better start than a certain person with a red black and green flag who at my age was making $5.00 an hour and eating ramen noodles and living in cardboard boxes :mjpls:
I'm making $14.00 an hour for my first help desk support job, and have a side gig to make extra money as a PC Tech. I just made a quick hundred dollar today for providing support to one of my customers and it took me less than 4 hours. :mjpls:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
You won't find a single good senior network/security engineer who either can't code, or at the bare minimum, script.

Are you in networking/security? Because this is 100% incorrect. I don't know why people think you have to know how to code to be in security, and you damn sure don't need to know how to code to be a networking guy.

On all the security teams I've been on in my career, only once was I on a team that had coders other than myself (and that job was 100% development work). When I worked as a Network Engineer, nobody knew how to code. Most Windows guys are starting to pick up powershell (and .net by extension) but they're still pretty rare. My current position is the first time I worked on a team where people who coded were as good as me.

Last edited: