IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

lepard

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everything on that list (except for FIM and o365) I taught myself in a lab using VMs. Like I said man, grab the MCSE book follow along, and create scenarios as you go through it. In about 6 months you'll have enough real world knowledge to qualify for that job.

Got any recommendations for the MCSE book?

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
In interested in the ccna material as well..please pm me @aXiom

Sent. You should grab todd lammle ccna or wendell odom icnd1 and 1ncd2 off amazon or torrent for reading material.

@bdizzle ouchea blessing the fam with knowledge.. :salute:

Just got another call for an interview about a lvl 2 helpdesk position on Thursday #certgang :wow:

I'm about to book and pay for my CCNP Route exam now instead of waiting till October so I don't slack off on studying.. If things go as planned I should have my CCNP by January:wow:

Last edited:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Sent. You should grab todd lammle ccna or wendell odom icnd1 and 1ncd2 off amazon or torrent for reading material.

Just got another call for an interview about a lvl 2 helpdesk position on Thursday #certgang :wow:

I'm about to book and pay for my CCNP Route exam now instead of waiting till October so I don't slack off on studying.. If things go as planned I should have my CCNP by January:wow:

Don't forget they have exam vouchers. Usually you can save 10-20% easy. I've gotten a couple 30-40% off vouchers before too.

Daps

:obama: good look.......I'm gonna buy either one of those books when I get paid Fri....will run simulators as well......the prices they tryna charge for ccna class at community college...:whew:.. Good thing I did my homework before shellin out that bread....

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
All this talk of shyt like $70/$80 an hour is making me think :sadcam:

Should i really change my life goal from engineering to IT :to:

Besides the money itself another thing making me rethink engineering is the relaxation time..yall talking about smoking weed playing PS4 and I'm wondering if there is any engineering job out there where you actually can do work while just bullshytting...

I know its called "work" but my mantra the past years has been work smarter...not harder.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

Besides the money itself another thing making me rethink engineering is the relaxation time..yall talking about smoking weed playing PS4 and I'm wondering if there is any engineering job out there where you actually can do work while just bullshytting...

I know its called "work" but my mantra the past years has been work smarter...not harder.

Start studying for your A+ breh. Worry about what direction you wanna go once you get on your feet.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

You already have an Engineering degree or are in school for it? If so what type of engineering?

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
havent checked this thread in a long minute... seems like most of the recent convo is around entry/mid level sh*t

anyone been in the game a while? i've been doing IT for 15+ years at this point, been an architect the last few years just pushed to sr enterprise architect

curious if anyone has any thoughts on what's next... i been thinking director level or chief architect level sh*t for a midsize company or organization... anyone that high up?

i've been on the seller side my whole career... curious about the buyer side

I know this an old post but I got 10 years experience and I'm pretty much at the top of my field and I'm planning my exit away from IT. My goal is to work for myself so right now my career is my plan B if entrepreneurship doesn't work out.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You already have an Engineering degree or are in school for it? If so what type of engineering?

No engineering experience at all yet.

Just an associates degree in liberal arts and sciences from a community college...

When I was going I was planning to use the prerequisite courses for the 4 year school i was gonna go to for engineering...

But have not been able to do that because of money issues and being terrible with saving money plus I am not eligible for financial aid. When I was going to community college my mother was paying.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
great to see this thread still active :salute:

currently studying for mcsa, some sql and looking for another job. i thought with my experience and knowledge i would be able to find something better quickly but a good job with a good company is hard as hell to come by in the bay :snoop:i'm sick of having to change up my personality for cacs in interviews only to hear the details and pay of the job and be disappointed:why:they would save ppl a lot of time and energy if they would just tell these things in the initial phone interview:pacspit:

Breh, if you want to never have to worry about that, become the top in your field. I'm at a level in my career where the company is always afraid to lose me. Get your MCSE and learn everything you can about AD. AD DS, AD LDS, AD FS, AD CS. Throw some Exchange and SCCM knowledge in there and you'll have recruiters in your inbox on the regular offering 55-65/hr.

Plus that easily transitions into a Security Architect role.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
No engineering experience at all yet.

Just an associates degree in liberal arts and sciences from a community college...

When I was going I was planning to use the prerequisite courses for the 4 year school i was gonna go to for engineering...

But have not been able to do that because of money issues and being terrible with saving money plus I am not eligible for financial aid. When I was going to community college my mother was paying.
oh ok, I know Telecom companies tend to hire Engineer majors for a lot of stuff, but at the end of the day it boils down to what area of IT you are trying to get into.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
FINALLY after THREE YEARS. CCIE!! I did it brehs!!!!!!! :mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry: Im ballin right now. don't stop the hustle brehs :mjcry:

280ih5d.png