IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Daps
Damn that was little over two years ago. I'll update my shyt for the nikkas just reading this thread like I was. Currently making 60k at level 2 remote desktop support. My job has me doing cisco and avaya server tickets now (without certs). Still not sure if I want to go security or networking. But I'm getting pushed into this voip so might as well just get that cisco money once I actually know how to trouble shoot all this phone stuff.

@bdizzle said you going to have a struggle two years he wasn't lying . I'm straight now but the next two years should be that real money.

Give yourself 5 years imo 0 to 100k given your grind and connections. I still get calls damn near weekly on a resume from a year ago for contract jobs. Once I milk my employer for all the resume building shyt I need might put my resume back out their. Even thinking about taking some project manager courses.

Let me add no degree and just a A+ thats expired now :russ::russ:get this money brehs
:dwillhuh: A+ ? :whoo: might have to grab that real quick...could use a help desk joint right about now

Daps
Damn that was little over two years ago. I'll update my shyt for the nikkas just reading this thread like I was. Currently making 60k at level 2 remote desktop support. My job has me doing cisco and avaya server tickets now (without certs). Still not sure if I want to go security or networking. But I'm getting pushed into this voip so might as well just get that cisco money once I actually know how to trouble shoot all this phone stuff.

@bdizzle said you going to have a struggle two years he wasn't lying . I'm straight now but the next two years should be that real money.

Give yourself 5 years imo 0 to 100k given your grind and connections. I still get calls damn near weekly on a resume from a year ago for contract jobs. Once I milk my employer for all the resume building shyt I need might put my resume back out their. Even thinking about taking some project manager courses.

Let me add no degree and just a A+ thats expired now :russ::russ:get this money brehs

Did you take a class or self study? If you self studied, what books or materials you used?

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis

Man that's what's up. I feel really sick cause right now I'm on page 111 on this thread. I never went through it from the beginning just caught it kind of in the middle so I missed plenty of gems that were been dropped mainly by bdizzle. I could have been so far ahead of the curve but now I have a clearer picture laid out. Just gotta continue to grind and cut the bs to study. Thank you brehs for the motivation.

BamdaDon

All Star
Daps
:dwillhuh: A+ ? :whoo: might have to grab that real quick...could use a help desk joint right about now
bro A+is basically saying you can trouble shoot anything level one whether it's deskside support or help desk. But don't think your getting a good help desk job out the gate breh. I'm off the phones now so :whew: shyt was hell:why:

Did you take a class or self study? If you self studied, what books or materials you used?
I took a class. Non profit. This shyt is all about your grind imo. Work contract until you look good enough to get hired.
To keep it all the way real the answers to all these test outthere :sas2:

I'm getting paid to learn at this point. Like I said I'm doing Cicso/avaya voip tickets with no certifications that's big to me. Plus the shyt I don't know there is ALWAYS some extremely loser nerd type nikka willing to show you lmao.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Yes :feedme:
Would appreciate all the info you know ..which ones lead to entrepreneurship.:myman:

All of them do. You just have to use whatever skills you have and turn it into a business. If you're a dev you can make an app. If you're a server guy you can start a computer repair company. shyt you can start a training company and get paid to teach people how to get into IT.

I haven't 100% decided yet but dba or system admin would be the choices. Not sure if I want to program :sadcam:

Go on careerbuilder and look for DBA and Sys Admin jobs paying 100k+. They're usually the Sr. roles. See what certs and job skills they require then make it your goal to get them.

If you wanna be a sys admin, get your A+, get a help desk gig, then start working on your MCSE and make sure you learn powershell. Within 5 years you should be making 50-60/hr easy. Here's the job description for an email I got a few weeks back:

Title – AD Consultant
Location – Bellevue, WA
Duration – 6 Months contract

Job Description:
Senior level consulting position responsible for Active Directory designing, implementing, operation and delivering of custom business solutions.

Technical Skills:
·Active Directory Administration
·Single sign on configuration
·ADFS
·SSL

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration, please feel free to provide a current version of your resume. I look forward for your reply.

And here's the pay rate
:wow:
UEuKZ1f.png

I keep trying to tell brehs. In IT you can eat. What other industry can you get into where you can make 60k with only 2 years of experience and only a high school diploma :usure:

Just stay focused breh. Once you're 100% sure which route you wanna go, get all those certs out the way so you won't have to worry about them again. Once you get those high level VOIP certs (CCIE Voice for example) in 5 years you'll be doing 150-200k no problem consistently for the rest of your career. Plus you can start getting remote gigs. Two remote gigs each paying $70/hr while you sitting in your draws at home :wow:

I used to be at the crib smoking weed and playing playstation all day making $100/hr:wow:

Also now that you're making bread now, don't forget to invest fam. Hop in this thread, get some investment accounts, and start making your money work for you.

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/creating-millionaires-posters-aiding-wealth-growth.324920/

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Man that's what's up. I feel really sick cause right now I'm on page 111 on this thread. I never went through it from the beginning just caught it kind of in the middle so I missed plenty of gems that were been dropped mainly by bdizzle. I could have been so far ahead of the curve but now I have a clearer picture laid out. Just gotta continue to grind and cut the bs to study. Thank you brehs for the motivation.

As long as you get started you're aight. Get a plan, stay focused, and keep grinding. If you have some good business sense about you and you really about your paper, 10 years from now you could realistically be bringing down 20-25k/mo after taxes.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
All of them do. You just have to use whatever skills you have and turn it into a business. If you're a dev you can make an app. If you're a server guy you can start a computer repair company. shyt you can start a training company and get paid to teach people how to get into IT.

Go on careerbuilder and look for DBA and Sys Admin jobs paying 100k+. They're usually the Sr. roles. See what certs and job skills they require then make it your goal to get them.

If you wanna be a sys admin, get your A+, get a help desk gig, then start working on your MCSE and make sure you learn powershell. Within 5 years you should be making 50-60/hr easy. Here's the job description for an email I got a few weeks back:

I keep trying to tell brehs. In IT you can eat. What other industry can you get into where you can make 60k with only 2 years of experience and only a high school diploma :usure:

Just stay focused breh. Once you're 100% sure which route you wanna go, get all those certs out the way so you won't have to worry about them again. Once you get those high level VOIP certs (CCIE Voice for example) in 5 years you'll be doing 150-200k no problem consistently for the rest of your career. Plus you can start getting remote gigs. Two remote gigs each paying $70/hr while you sitting in your draws at home :wow:

I used to be at the crib smoking weed and playing playstation all day making $100/hr:wow:

Also now that you're making bread now, don't forget to invest fam. Hop in this thread, get some investment accounts, and start making your money work for you.

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/creating-millionaires-posters-aiding-wealth-growth.324920/

:salute: black man