IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Okay wow, I got a bit bright and t hought I could just study and pass the AWS.

Damn there is so much to Cloud computing, so I am taking a few steps back before tackling AWS

Current exam path now:
CompTIA Cloud Essentials -I know a lot of this already, but I am cert whore lol
CompTIA Cloud+

May do some Azure too, def wanna have a very good understanding of cloud before taking on AWS.

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
recruiter wasting my time :camby:telling me about this job which is supposed to be some IT job he's called me twice in two weeks but still has not even sent me over the job specifications :aicmon: on friday he called me and wanted to setup an interview next week. Im sending his ass a email today demanding the job specs im not wasting my time going to an interview for i job i dont even want, although the company would look great on my cv (top 3 company in the world) and the salary is a 6k increase when i leave where im currently at im looking for a serious step up
currently regretting this :to::ufdup::sadcam:

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
How should I go about learning Linux? I've installed Red Hat and Ubuntu in the past, but that's about the extent of my experience with it.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Does anyone have any experience with John the ripper?

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
What up fellas, I need some advice on how to become a programmer. Do I do the Computer Science major route or Computer Information Technology route. I know the computer science route is a longer but i'm not sure if companies will hire Computer Info. Tech. majors. Will this program help me get hired??? https://www.brandman.edu/program/bs-computing-technology-information-technology Let me eat :feedme:

Computer Science is better if you want to be a programmer.

Computer Info Tech. is more along the lines of being running/administering a computer network (ie. network admin, sys admin, network support, running servers, being an IT manager, etc.).

And yeah, I'd probably try for a more accredited university.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Does anyone have any experience with John the ripper? I can't get the commands to work

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
Does anyone have any experience with John the ripper? I can't get the commands to work

I'm getting my associates in Cyber-Security so I have used that program my professor uploads all his lectures online so maybe that can help you.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
I'm getting my associates in Cyber-Security so I have used that program my professor uploads all his lectures online so maybe that can help you.

I can't get these commands to work
john-386 -w:password.lst crack-these-please

type john.pot

:sadcam: The assignment is due on monday and I can't find it done:mjcry:

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
I can't get these commands to work
john-386 -w:password.lst crack-these-please

type john.pot

:sadcam: The assignment is due on monday and I can't find it done:mjcry:

I'll have to revisit this assignment because you are missing something in yours: I think it should go: john-386 -- wordlist = password.lst rules john.ini crack-these-please
If I remember that correctly you don't have a rules file in your commands.
shyt man I know how that feels this semester is killing my gpa. I know for a fact that I failed all my classes this semester. shyt is killing me bruh I had a 3.75 gpa last semester and a 3.3 overall so I know that shyt is getting cut in half now. I had way too much shyt going on this semester with family, work, school shyt so I'm going to take the summer off and go back hard on it in the fall.