IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
Yeah I hear that.
I dunno man, tbh I have no clue what to go in the direction of.
I've always been pushed towards IT, cuz I spend a lot of time on computers and kinda know what im doing:yeshrug:.
Help desks eh I feel itll get annoying real quick lol especially dealing with people that are IT illiterate

I just wanna earn bucks but at least enjoy what Im doing and get satisfaction.

ima ask my pops, hes an engineer not in IT but spends most weeks away from home.

Im just exploring my options.
what are you long term goals? like 3, 5, 10 years?

if going down the consultant route doesn't contribute to your ultimate goal; than i say dont do it

i'll tell you what though you will make a ton of extra dough in your per diam for food/hotel and you will get a sh*t ton of points for airlines, hotels, car rentals

basically for the 6 years i was a consultant all my vacations were paid for through the points...

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
So is it only the background image for the body that's not showing up? The rest of the document is being affected by the CSS properly?

I got the background image to show up, there was some directory issues. I fix it by using "../images/file.jpg"

Daps
what are you long term goals? like 3, 5, 10 years?

if going down the consultant route doesn't contribute to your ultimate goal; than i say dont do it

i'll tell you what though you will make a ton of extra dough in your per diam for food/hotel and you will get a sh*t ton of points for airlines, hotels, car rentals

basically for the 6 years i was a consultant all my vacations were paid for through the points...
This is the truth. Did 8 years of this. Im still eating off points. I loved the traveling life. Especially while i wasnt married with kids. If your single and you can get into a gig with heavy travel...... :shaq: Enjoy that.

Not to mention, by you working with so many different types of people and companies you gain a ton of insight that will help you in the future.

PaperEnterprise

It's the inner strength..
Daps
Reppin
New York

Rich Spirit

#LeveledUp
Daps
Reppin
houston.
I am not great with crash courses. Working full time and classes on weekend

They are teaching Sdlc, rup, scrum, sql, oracle business, oracle database, data warehousing, software quality assurance, it support/networking, app development. Its out in VA.
nice, is this for a job or you're in school for it? I'm looking to become a BA

PaperEnterprise

It's the inner strength..
Daps
Reppin
New York
nice, is this for a job or you're in school for it? I'm looking to become a BA
For a job. Hopefully i land it. Only thing is the job will be in DMV area. Im a new yorker at heart. But gotta go where the cash is...i drive limo, make decent money but hate the fact that i cant go to gym and date the way i use to.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
you mean SPN? SPN is an attribute in Active Directory you can set to make Kerberos even more secure in your environment

why you wanna learn email? that's a dead end in IT with cloud's cuz
Nah, SPF. Sender policy framework. There was a job app that asked about explaining to a user how to check SPF records. It was a tech support position and I'm in the market for a new job.

I'm trying to figure out my next step. I'm moving to Atlanta in month or so. I have a year of help desk experience (contracting at a really good company) and A+ cert. And the idea of being unemployed scares me.

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
Nah, SPF. Sender policy framework. There was a job app that asked about explaining to a user how to check SPF records. It was a tech support position and I'm in the market for a new job.

I'm trying to figure out my next step. I'm moving to Atlanta in month or so. I have a year of help desk experience (contracting at a really good company) and A+ cert. And the idea of being unemployed scares me.
good that fear will drive you to greatness

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
In the CSS, give the body a width of 100% and tell me if anything changes.

Breh, I have a question I need to get some text and a image into a different margin on the same line. How do I do that in CSS

Last edited:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Breh, I have a question I need to get some text and a image into a different margin on the same line. How do I do that in CSS

Are you talking about aligning them differently, like the text is on the left side of the page and the image is on the right side?