IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
You can program in java on a mac without using virtual box. I use either jgrasp or eclipse IDE.
yea I know, I just was unsure about the set up of the sdk and eclipse, wasn't sure if I could skip it and just install both and get to programming or was there other things I needed. I`m using buckysroom tutorials and just skimmed through a vid or 2. I've programmed before, and read code daily at work, its just coding isn't part of my current role, this is just some side project stuff.

Daps
Here is where my questions begin, after those two certificates I mentioned above, what are some good ones that delve into security that you guys recommend, or should I put off the security ones and look at others? And 2nd, my windows client class this semester directly gets me ready to take the MCSA Exam 70-410, is it worthwhile to take it or should I not? also what are ways I can truly "show out" once I get this Help Desk job? and this thread made me realize that experience is valued over education, I know I will be working a Help Desk job while I'm in school and I will be in a Network Security Internship. So that is almost 2 years of Help Desk Experience and 6 months of Network Security experience. what kinda jobs will that allow me to target once I graduate?

CCNA then CCNA security should be your next steps. You cant do security without a strong network foundation. You should also have intimate knowledge of at least one OS whether thats microsoft or linux.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
brehs, I just built a pc. I have it connect to my tv via hdmi but I'm getting the No signal message :lupe: I'm I fukked?

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Does the PC work on a monitor? Did you select HDMI input on the TV? I know this is basic, but a lot of times it's the little things that people tend to miss.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Does the PC work on a monitor? Did you select HDMI input on the TV? I know this is basic, but a lot of times it's the little things that people tend to miss.

Yeah bro :skip: I did the basic troubleshooting

Nomadum

Woke Dreamer
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
Yeah bro :skip: I did the basic troubleshooting

I wouldn't be able to aid in your solution search unless I knew some information such as,

Since you said you've built the pc, what Mobo and Chipset did you roll with? one of the major issues with self constructed systems (that I see on the net) is that some components just don't 'play nice' with others.

What I'd do is research the Mobo, CPU and the peripheral (the capture card) and see if there is any issues present with the 3 working together.
also (and not to insult your intelligence) did you find the most recent up-to-date driver release? Windows typically automatically hits the net and finds the driver for you but it may be a bad or outdated driver.

last "what if" I'll ask is, what OS you running? I know that the Windows 10 Tech. build preview acts a little funky with software that worked on 7, 8 and 8.1 and it could be a software/OS compatibility issue.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
I wouldn't be able to aid in your solution search unless I knew some information such as,

Since you said you've built the pc, what Mobo and Chipset did you roll with? one of the major issues with self constructed systems (that I see on the net) is that some components just don't 'play nice' with others.

What I'd do is research the Mobo, CPU and the peripheral (the capture card) and see if there is any issues present with the 3 working together.
also (and not to insult your intelligence) did you find the most recent up-to-date driver release? Windows typically automatically hits the net and finds the driver for you but it may be a bad or outdated driver.

last "what if" I'll ask is, what OS you running? I know that the Windows 10 Tech. build preview acts a little funky with software that worked on 7, 8 and 8.1 and it could be a software/OS compatibility issue.

I got it resolve it was a cpu issue. Dropped in a10 and its now working