IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
12 would be fire. I'm living like a piece of shyt right now. :mjlol:

Taking apart a computers don't teach you A+ :beli: I'd have that cert 10 times over by now if it did.

Breh the test is not that hard, keep taking the practice tests until you are in the 90's everytime. Hell the test is probably easier now than when I took it since everything is USB driven. Just highlight the book, take notes and carry them with you 24/7

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
Yeah IT and development are two diff things @ADK

IT has more to do with infrastructure
So what schools do you guys recommend for IT :ehh: funny how my mom JUST suggested I get into IT after I posted in this thread :patrice:

ITT Tech is one right? Sorry for the rookie questions :mjcry:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
So what schools do you guys recommend for IT :ehh: funny how my mom JUST suggested I get into IT after I posted in this thread :patrice:

ITT Tech is one right? Sorry for the rookie questions :mjcry:

Can't just do community college then transfer to a real college?

Daps
is PC technical support a good starting point to start at because that's what i'm getting ready to get into?
experience is experience. Dont matter where you get it or what the position is called. Take what you can get, get more certs, find a job where you can learn new skills, rinse repeat until you cake up. :manny:

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
you get what you put in bruh.
Just not trying to set myself up. I know how bad I did in certain subjects (mainly math) back when I was in High School.

If I get to Community, I know I'll prolly have a harder time.

I'm unsure of where I should head to get IT Certs but I see a few courses at ITT Tech where I can avoid math. :manny:

I dunno.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Anyone know anything about outsourcing to Indian programmers to develop apps for you? Like you write up the functional docs of what you need and they do the programming.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Just not trying to set myself up. I know how bad I did in certain subjects (mainly math) back when I was in High School.

If I get to Community, I know I'll prolly have a harder time.

I'm unsure of where I should head to get IT Certs but I see a few courses at ITT Tech where I can avoid math. :manny:

I dunno.

Link the entire 4 year program

ADK

Cleaner, I got this.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
Dont fukking go to ITT tech. If you was my son and said itt tech i woulda slapped the shyt out of you and then slapped myself for creating and raising a stupid child :beli:
My uncles wife went years ago and she makes 6 figs now :mjpls:

I don't know though, just don't wanna be set up for failure :manny:

Daps
My uncles wife went years ago and she makes 6 figs now :mjpls:

I don't know though, just don't wanna be set up for failure :manny:
You are already setting yourself up for failure by trying to put in the minimum effort required. Regardless of the route you go, if you want to be successful you are going to have to put in the work. If you go to ITT, that alone isnt going to make you six figures if your not willing to put in the work. I dont think there is anything wrong with ITT though. at least its a start.

• Dap
Reactions: ADK