IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Cryptography seem's like what I'd be interested in. thanks for the information my dude!

Remember.

In order to gain CISSP certification, you need to have five years of infosec experience (or four years and a degree) and endorsement from another CISSP, plus you have to score at least 70 percent on a 250-question multiple-choice test. Then, if you agree to adhere to the (ISC)2 code of ethics and claim to have a clean criminal history, you're in. CISSP certification has to be renewed every three years, with continuing education requirements: taking classes, attending conferences and seminars, teaching, volunteering, writing.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Is professor Messers videos enough for me to learn and pass the A+ cert?

Nomadum

Woke Dreamer
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
Remember.

In order to gain CISSP certification, you need to have five years of infosec experience (or four years and a degree) and endorsement from another CISSP, plus you have to score at least 70 percent on a 250-question multiple-choice test. Then, if you agree to adhere to the (ISC)2 code of ethics and claim to have a clean criminal history, you're in. CISSP certification has to be renewed every three years, with continuing education requirements: taking classes, attending conferences and seminars, teaching, volunteering, writing.

Thanks for this information man. and it's going to be alot but it's something I want to do so I'll push myself.

Nomadum

Woke Dreamer
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
Is professor Messers videos enough for me to learn and pass the A+ cert?

I have heard of Professor Messer's videos but I've not yet viewed them. but everywhere I see on the net, he's highly appreciated for his videos. only thing I'll recommend is that you get a CompTIA authorized book. they have them on CompTIA's website and if you find the ISBN's you can always search Amazon.com for cheaper (used) books.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I have heard of Professor Messer's videos but I've not yet viewed them. but everywhere I see on the net, he's highly appreciated for his videos. only thing I'll recommend is that you get a CompTIA authorized book. they have them on CompTIA's website and if you find the ISBN's you can always search Amazon.com for cheaper (used) books.

Thanks and yea I copped this
but that bytch 1500 pages bruh. I aint even realize what 1500 pages was when I copped it :to:

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@bdizzle @Chris.B Brehs im coming up to a year on helpdesk now got promted back in November but i still work helpdesk realistically im looking to stay 6 months max. kind of lost what path to take next though want to try and get away from phones asap though any tips for a young nikka on the come up?

thought maybe about getting into quality analyst or BI but i dont have the sql experience

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
@bdizzle @Chris.B Brehs im coming up to a year on helpdesk now got promted back in November but i still work helpdesk realistically im looking to stay 6 months max. kind of lost what path to take next though want to try and get away from phones asap though any tips for a young nikka on the come up?

thought maybe about getting into quality analyst or BI but i dont have the sql experience

Holla at the DBA's at your job and see if there's any tasks (aka bytch work) that they need done. That'll give you some DBA experience.

Also there might be some MS SQL certs out there to pad your resume with (at the very least it'll give you some technical knowledge).