IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have been contacted by a recruiter regarding a job i dont know any of the details yet the only thing he asked was if i had experience in an area which have. he asked me what my daily rate was i replied i was negotiable and he said the daily rate was roughly 240 dollars. How do i play this brehs ? :lupe:

Right know I get hourly so i hardly do any overtime because our manager does not want to go past his budget, quickly checked the cons of being paid daily and shyt seems kind of :flabbynsick: working lots of overtime and shyt. Anyone who is on a daily rate who can drop game? @bdizzle @Chris.B . not really sure what i should counter offer with if im being honest

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
I have been contacted by a recruiter regarding a job i dont know any of the details yet the only thing he asked was if i had experience in an area which have. he asked me what my daily rate was i replied i was negotiable and he said the daily rate was roughly 240 dollars. How do i play this brehs ? :lupe:

Right know I get hourly so i hardly do any overtime because our manager does not want to go past his budget, quickly checked the cons of being paid daily and shyt seems kind of :flabbynsick: working lots of overtime and shyt. Anyone who is on a daily rate who can drop game? @bdizzle @Chris.B . not really sure what i should counter offer with if im being honest
stay away from jobs which do not pay hourly or salary.

The daily shyt is a scam...you will have to meet a daily quota to meet the full pay.

We all have bad days at the office, just because I have a bad day doesn't mean I should be paid less

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Finally starting to get into WPF. I hate that we still use excel for user requirements/Test Cases. Think its time to create our own system for it.

thinking WPF+XML+C# will do the job.Quick prototype before PA's are due will help when raise time come!

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
yeah man, stay away from the dumps... you only learn the answers instead of knowing how to solve the problems... you won't have much success trying to dump your way in.
I'm not encouraging folks to bypass any meaningful study and go straight to the dumps. Only as a tool to pass the exam at the end so brehs ain't wasting money.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
I'm not encouraging folks to bypass any meaningful study and go straight to the dumps. Only as a tool to pass the exam at the end so brehs ain't wasting money.

If you truly know the material how are you wasting your money? If you fail well then you didn't know it as well as you thought.when you use dumps you are cheating yourself, because you dont know where your weaknesses are.

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
If you truly know the material how are you wasting your money? If you fail well then you didn't know it as well as you thought.when you use dumps you are cheating yourself, because you dont know where your weaknesses are.
Breh I'm not going to argue with you. I'm just putting the information out there for the people grinding through these certs, what they do with it or how helpful/detrimental they find it is on them.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I got a question. If I am after certifications where do I start. If I start with the basics and work my way up.

It depends on your current technical ability. If your pretty good with computers already I would skip the A+ and go straight for Windows 7 and Network+ certifications. You won't make much money working on PC hardware.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
It depends on your current technical ability. If your pretty good with computers already I would skip the A+ and go straight for Windows 7 and Network+ certifications. You won't make much money working on PC hardware.
For the windows 7 and network+ certs, where should my tech ability be? I'm being honest, because you all do this shyt for a living. Some stuff i know, because I'm a tech for comcast, so I trouble shoot all day. The local J.C. has a Cisco class starting January 20th. I'm ready to dive in and learn this.