IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

mattlanta

Pro
Supporter
Daps
I just realized my post above had nothing to do with said topic. My bad, breh's.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Damn breh, im taking this shyt in about three weeks. How hard was it...and what was the main topics they covered?
It it not too hard, the main things you need to know; subnetting, ospf show commands to work out issues with configuration, and how switches and routers operate. There are some genereal questions about ipv6, default routes, security, and osi and TCI/IP models.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
It it not too hard, the main things you need to know; subnetting, ospf show commands to work out issues with configuration, and how switches and routers operate. There are some genereal questions about ipv6, default routes, security, and osi and TCI/IP models.
Ill pass it then. Got subnetting down pretty easily and only thing left is OSPF and ipv6

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
For the folks interested in the ccna, this is the sure fire way of passing the exam:
Download and go through Jeremy's CBT nuggets videos for ccna.
Then hit up 9tut.com. That site provides you with the exact labs you'll get on the exam as well all as the questions.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
good job bro. I just started studying for this right now. You have any other certs?

how long did you study for?
A+, network +, MCDST(outdated), MCP. As far as how long it took me to learn the material, 60-90 days. I have a Long commute so i can read the book on my tablet, and work on labs when i get home or on weekends.

Fujiman

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Out of curiosity. Is it even worth pursuing work (preferably high-paying), in the IT Field if someone has a criminal record? Obviously you wouldn't be able to get a security clearance, so is there really any point?

Programming would be your best bet.

Last edited: