IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Something with a design like this http://www.criterion.com/

Mimicking that overall look doesn't seem too difficult. I think the difficulty would arise in dynamically generating the content, ie drawing from the database to populate everything. I would take you up on the offer, but I still need to improve my skills in some aspects before I start dealing with dynamic content drawn from databases

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Mimicking that overall look doesn't seem too difficult. I think the difficulty would arise in dynamically generating the content, ie drawing from the database to populate everything. I would take you up on the offer, but I still need to improve my skills in some aspects before I start dealing with dynamic content drawn from databases

Alright, this isn't an immediate issue so I'll probably come back in a few months.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I been fukking SLACKING. Got my A+ back in march, got a good ass gig for now too. But i've pushed my network+ back way too many times :snoop:

ryda518

Randy Orton=Legend Killer
Daps
Reppin
bx all day
I'm working in NJ(have been for the entire summer)

2 and a half hr travel each way(2 buses)

I thought :lawd:"studying time 5 hrs here I come"

but i'm on of those people that can't read in a moving vehicle, i'm not sure what it's called, maybe motion sickness

working in jerz fukked my game up BIG TIME

but after arguing with myself I decided to but a new laptop JUST FOR THIS

:birdman:"im gonna rape this javascript into little pieces brehs":birdman:

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
How do I get experience as a printer/copier technician? I need something to do partime while I get my certs.

FastEddie215

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Philly
@Chris.B is there any diff between taking the two part exam 100-101, 200-101 or taking the one 200-120 exam for the ccna? and which one did you take? anyone else with ccna or people who are studying for the exam can chime in as well

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
Man... I feel I have reached the pinnacle in this career... next step would be C Level sh*t so I am considering opening my own boutique high end consulting firm... anyone else own their own IT business?

Last edited:

krexzen

All Star
Daps
@Chris.B is there any diff between taking the two part exam 100-101, 200-101 or taking the one 200-120 exam for the ccna? and which one did you take? anyone else with ccna or people who are studying for the exam can chime in as well

The 100-101 and 200-101 are new. I doubt many on this forum have taken that version, but the two exam approach is better for folks who are new to Cisco. The single exam is usually taken by people re-certifying for their ccna. The clock will be a factor and the sheer amount of stuff on the exam will be very extensive to a networking newbie. Unless you are already an experienced engineer familiar with Cisco steer clear of the composite exam.

flipn50

Pro
Daps
I got an interview with Dell coming up as a technical support agent. I think it's a really entry level IT stuff, but it's a stepping stone I guess. Meanwhile I have my website set up on an Unbuntu Cloud server because I'm trying to learn more about Linux. http://humbleprovider.com/

I don't know where to go from here though, maybe build a couple of Wordpress websites to put in the portfolio.

FastEddie215

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Philly
The 100-101 and 200-101 are new. I doubt many on this forum have taken that version, but the two exam approach is better for folks who are new to Cisco. The single exam is usually taken by people re-certifying for their ccna. The clock will be a factor and the sheer amount of stuff on the exam will be very extensive to a networking newbie. Unless you are already an experienced engineer familiar with Cisco steer clear of the composite exam.
ok thanks. I was really just asking since a friend of mine said he would go for the 1 part exam and I told him I heard that one was more difficult but I wasn't too sure so I came in here to ask. me myself im in the middle of the MCSA Server 2012 exams. passed 70-410 few weeks back, now just have to pass 70-411 and 70-412 in the next few weeks.

Llcoolbay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
St Louis Rams!!!!!
Bout to join a A Club for Info sys since I figured it would help with Interns and gaining connects for future jobs, but as i browse the club, Ive seen and talked to some of these people and realizing I have nothing in common with a vast majority of em besides having the same major. :sadcam:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Time for me to step these CSS skills up. Basic CSS is easy, but when you start doing layouts, then it can get kind of annoying. I've actually been missing out on some possible work because my CSS isn't quite to the level it needs to be... since I'd rather focus on Javascript and the advanced functionality that provides... but time to take the hit and step this CSS up.

Last edited: