IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Daps
Cool. I just didn't want to set unrealistic goals for this shyt even if that looked easy. I wanna be able to knock this shyt out. It ain't very expensive to test for these things. Do y'all do most of your studying and what not for certifications on the free sites?

A+ is pretty entry level so if you already know alot of the subject matter i would go through the practice tests. Once you can get through them with like a 90% or better then your ready for the test. Ive done alot of my certs going to boot camps. My hustle has always been convincing an employer to pay to send me to the boot camp.

tofuspeedstar

Bosozoku Champion
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Nice. They seem pretty readily available on torrent sites and what not, too.

Any certs that you guys went out for but took multiple times to pass the actual certifications?

None personally. But I've read horror stories of people taking multiple attempts to obtain CCNA and upper level Cisco certs.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
A+ is pretty entry level so if you already know alot of the subject matter i would go through the practice tests. Once you can get through them with like a 90% or better then your ready for the test. Ive done alot of my certs going to boot camps. My hustle has always been convincing an employer to pay to send me to the boot camp.
Word. I think maybe a week or 2 of doing practice tests for A+ and I'll be good to go for the test. Then Network+, I guess

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Configured linux and made my first website available..hopefully ill be able to further this skill so i can use it during job interviews www.reedcode.pw

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
I've been going at this Javascript extremely hard. I can't wait to start dipping my feet into single page app development. I've finally found a database called taffyDB that I may be able to use without having a network connection. This will come in extremely handy in creating programs that are similar to desktop apps.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Web design as in primarily html and css or web development which includes javascript and potentially a back-end language?

Yeah I know. I can even code it myself but I was wondering if anyone was good at it for a fee?

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I know. I can even code it myself but I was wondering if anyone was good at it for a fee?
I was asking if you were in need of someone who knew only html/css aka web design or something more complicated