IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

TrollsUnite!

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Richmond, VA & Philly
Don't know if it's free or not but this one program called skillsoft that a guy I know gave me is great for guys that want to get into the IT field. They train you in anything you want to pick up from programming to networking, they have it all. Great training for your Certs. Gotta agree with the others though. If you want real REAL cake, you gotta get that degree and or some hands-on experience.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
So right now im trying to delve into making a play calculator for my iphone just to get some experience with dealing with the app...and its not going as smoothly as I would like. Going from Java to C# was pretty easy, but this Objective C syntax is pretty shytty

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
I completed the Codecademy course of HTML/CSS and am currently in the process of going through

hfhtml_cover.gif

Any suggestions to gain some experience? Part-time college student + part-time job in SoFlo

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
I completed the Codecademy course of HTML/CSS and am currently in the process of going through

hfhtml_cover.gif

Any suggestions to gain some experience? Part-time college student + part-time job in SoFlo

that's a nice book for learning html/css. Afterwards, you'll probably want to pick up another book specifically on CSS since css is very deep. Are you attempting web development?

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
that's a nice book for learning html/css. Afterwards, you'll probably want to pick up another book specifically on CSS since css is very deep. Are you attempting web development?
I have both :lolbron: forgot to shout you out in the post.

Yep. Web Development it is.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
U seem deep into this, what certs do u have?

I've been thinking about going for an a+ just to see if I can do it. I don't know if I want to work in IT, but I do like the challenge of learning something new. How long do you think it would take a novice? And should I know the sh1t in the A+ exam before I attempt programming?

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
U seem deep into this, what certs do u have?

I've been thinking about going for an a+ just to see if I can do it. I don't know if I want to work in IT, but I do like the challenge of learning something new. How long do you think it would take a novice? And should I know the sh1t in the A+ exam before I attempt programming?

I don't have any certs. Certs aren't needed for programming. They are needed if you are going into help desk, networking and things of that nature. Programming is more along the lines of you actually being able to make something and creating a portfolio of sorts. I'm several months into learning it, specifically HTML/CSS and javascript, but I know a bit of PHP...

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
I don't have any certs. Certs aren't needed for programming. They are needed if you are going into help desk, networking and things of that nature. Programming is more along the lines of you actually being able to make something and creating a portfolio of sorts. I'm several months into learning it, specifically HTML/CSS and javascript, but I know a bit of PHP...
So u trying to be a web developer?

ryda518

Randy Orton=Legend Killer
Daps
Reppin
bx all day
always skipped binary because it looked confusing

looked at a 1:30 minute youtube video, and I understand it completely lol

reading the definitive guide for Javascript, i'm doing a chapter per week so I can create my own examples and understand it completely. Makes hard shyt turn easy.