IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Most of the questions are ones that i saw here:

CompTIA 220-801 Certification Practice Test - Free Test Prep and Review at PracticeQuiz.com - CompTIA 220-801 Certification Practice Test

CompTIA A+ Certification Practice Test Questions

The 802 had a few parts where you had to make changes on the interface.

Match motherboard components to the correct name
Configure a static IP address
Choose the correct features in Windows XP, Vista, 7, or all 3

I fukked up on one part it said if computer A&B are connected on a network and computer A changes its IP address, computer b is no longer connecting how would you fix it. Had to do it from the command line

These are cool tests. I only got 37% of the questions right, but I had no clue wtf I was doing. I feel like I could actually pass this with some studying. Would you recommend taking a class for this or just studying on my own. Im intrigued by this sh1t. I get tired of asking others to fix sh1t I could be fixing

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
These are cool tests. I only got 37% of the questions right, but I had no clue wtf I was doing. I feel like I could actually pass this with some studying. Would you recommend taking a class for this or just studying on my own. Im intrigued by this sh1t. I get tired of asking others to fix sh1t I could be fixing
Classes are essentially a pocket rape. With all the videos online id say self study, i watched videos and read Mike Meyers book then i took the practice tests until i was consistently hitting 90+%

Silkk

Daps
Got my network+ set for may 15th and i just decide to start studying :snoop:

Grasping better than i thought i would tho :ehh:

Tony D'Amato

Daps
Reppin
Inches
Classes are essentially a pocket rape. With all the videos online id say self study, i watched videos and read Mike Meyers book then i took the practice tests until i was consistently hitting 90+%
Arent classes like labs doe? Like hands on as well as book work? I guess Im saying, did u just read and take the test, or did you practice sh1t too. Like physically removing and installing various hardware components?

And are you able to fix ps3s YLOD after getting a+?

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Arent classes like labs doe? Like hands on as well as book work? I guess Im saying, did u just read and take the test, or did you practice sh1t too. Like physically removing and installing various hardware components?

if you're going for your A+ then watching mike myers, reading a book and taking practice exams is all you need. as far as hands on stuff goes, you'll get more experience building a computer than signing up for a lab. i heard they do the same thing anyway (break a computer apart and put it back together).

other than making you comfortable with tech, i dont see how an A+ will help you repair a YLOD.

Tony D'Amato

Daps
Reppin
Inches
if you're going for your A+ then watching mike myers, reading a book and taking practice exams is all you need. as far as hands on stuff goes, you'll get more experience building a computer than signing up for a lab. i heard they do the same thing anyway (break a computer apart and put it back together).

other than making you comfortable with tech, i dont see how an A+ will help you repair a YLOD.
Mike Myers, what about Messer?

Also, what book do u recommend?

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Mike Myers, what about Messer?

Also, what book do u recommend?

oops, i meant watch professor messer. mike meyers was the A+ book that i used

the link i'm posting from amazon isn't showing for some reason but this was the book i bought, this is obviously more up to date than when i bought it
CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, 8th Edition (Exams 220-801 & 220-802

Silkk

Daps

I watched videos of everything in addition to reading, so you could say it was a virtual lab

Silkk

Daps
When putting resumes online do y'all put your name in the title or the position that you're looking for?

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When putting resumes online do y'all put your name in the title or the position that you're looking for?
If the job doesn't specify, I just usually put my first initial last name.

-------------------

Groupon has online A+ certification for $99 if anyone is interested.

Silkk

Daps
If the job doesn't specify, I just usually put my first initial last name.

-------------------

Groupon has online A+ certification for $99 if anyone is interested.
I meant like on dice when you have to title your resume