IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
Yea @kevm3 ...I was just in some get money from home, novice shyt. SQL, i'm told is money but i'm in a whole different field now on a different continent. Coming home in June :to: but I'd like to work as a Tier 1 Agent like my mans @Pyrexcup :birdman: Answer them 10 calls and then figure out my next move from that swivel chair. :lupe:....Really, I just want a niche and I'm starting from scratch..worked in other sectors before teaching English...Now, I just wanna guap and get that North Caroline house money. :flabbynsick:

What I could do is post on the coli all day for money.....Is that a skill? :lupe:

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
All of us as humans have limited time, so we can only learn so many skills given the time we have. If you are spending a lot of time learning skills that aren't relevant to what you want to do , then you are building yourself up to be mediocre. Learning any particular skill is great IF you can find some way to apply it down the line. If you're going to into database administration or back-end web development, knowing SQL will be great.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from learning SQL or any technology, but what I am saying is the majority of your time should be spent learning skills in the field you are trying to pursue. I'm pursuing web development, so I wouldn't be pursuing the same knowledge as someone working in other fields of IT. My time would be much better spent learning various web development technologies as opposed to learning the intricacies of routers, etc. Find what you want to do and become extremely competent in that is my opinion.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
All of us as humans have limited time, so we can only learn so many skills given the time we have. If you are spending a lot of time learning skills that aren't relevant to what you want to do , then you are building yourself up to be mediocre. Learning any particular skill is great IF you can find some way to apply it down the line. If you're going to into database administration or back-end web development, knowing SQL will be great.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from learning SQL or any technology, but what I am saying is the majority of your time should be spent learning skills in the field you are trying to pursue. I'm pursuing web development, so I wouldn't be pursuing the same knowledge as someone working in other fields of IT. My time would be much better spent learning various web development technologies as opposed to learning the intricacies of routers, etc. Find what you want to do and become extremely competent in that is my opinion.

pretty much.

HabitualLineSteppa

....Fuh Q.
Daps
I'm legit losing it with this fukking programming shyt!! :salute: to every man woman and child who wants to and actually enjoys Java! :pacspit: at the same damn time...

Breh I just want to graduate at this point and I swear this programming shyt has me :to: status....

And I JUST got my foot in the door in the IT world (help desk troubleshooting Internet and VoIP issues with a major telecom :myman: )

This homework brehs....I'm stressed out

So I have to create an application that will:

Record the name of two salespersons
Record their respective sales made in dollars
Determine how many sales (dollars) are needed to match or exceed the higher of the two earners

-_- 5 weeks for these courses online with NO instruction, working full time, and with a newborn child has me like :mindblown::wtf::damn::snoop::comeon::wow:

I'm SUPPOSED to graduate before the end of the year but I swear every time a class is over I see my GPA steady declining on some :dwillhuh::sadcam: shut

Help me brehs. I feel like an idiot at this point :noah:

I don't wanna give up...Black excellence is and will forever be the goal...shyt is just rough right now.[DOUBLEPOST=1397524318][/DOUBLEPOST]

:lawd:

Message: Switch lanes when you NEED to in order to arrive at your destination or get lost.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I'm legit losing it with this fukking programming shyt!! :salute: to every man woman and child who wants to and actually enjoys Java! :pacspit: at the same damn time...

Breh I just want to graduate at this point and I swear this programming shyt has me :to: status....

And I JUST got my foot in the door in the IT world (help desk troubleshooting Internet and VoIP issues with a major telecom :myman: )

This homework brehs....I'm stressed out

So I have to create an application that will:

Determine how many sales (dollars) are needed to match or exceed the higher of the two earners

-_- 5 weeks for these courses online with NO instruction, working full time, and with a newborn child has me like :mindblown::wtf::damn::snoop::comeon::wow:

I'm SUPPOSED to graduate before the end of the year but I swear every time a class is over I see my GPA steady declining on some :dwillhuh::sadcam: shut

Help me brehs. I feel like an idiot at this point :noah:

I don't wanna give up...Black excellence is and will forever be the goal...shyt is just rough right now.[DOUBLEPOST=1397524318][/DOUBLEPOST]

:lawd:

Message: Switch lanes when you NEED to in order to arrive at your destination or get lost.
Is that in java? That shyt sounds easy to even a novice such as myself. If i didn't feel the way you do (overwhelmed) id likely do the shyt for you. When is it due?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Whats the average contract hourly pay for helpdesk in Louisiana. I said $17 :patrice:

Ikwa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The helpdesk competition is ridiculous in my area, you got 50+ people applying for each job.

Them Drupal jobs thought :banderas: nikkas steering well clear of that. They don't want any part in it :dead:

Honing my skills before going up against 2/3 brehs in the interview :ehh:

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis

Are you guys able to split this problem into multiple classes? or does it all have to be in MAIN?

You could
* Create a salesperson class
Create a Constructor that takes in the person name and the amount they made from MAIN( where you prompt the user )
Something like SalesPerson(string personName, decimal salesAmount ) {}

brb... Arrow is about to come on..lol

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
brehs I'm having a time trying to study for this A+ any tips and how hard is this test I feel like I know most of the information

I'm using exam cram and watching profess mess vids
Force Yourself To Read/Watch It