IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Gunshi

Reboot Coming…
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey
I wasnt too sure what sub forum to put this thread in but Higher Learning seems the most appropriate.

Anyways...

I'm currently on a one week vacation off work before school starts and I've decided to make a move on the Online content game(blogs, twitter pages, facebook pages, etc etc.) and maybe even create a site that provides a membership service in the near future(but i'll save that for another time)

Anyways I understand the purpose of SEO but going about implementing the methods is something I'm completetly in the dark about

I see that theres money in affiliate marketing and social media advertising and I wanna bank on that...

SO my question is how does a noob like me go about learning this sht, preferably blackhat methods :demonic:

I visited blackhatworld.com to get some knowledge but I'm not too sure on how i should navigate that site in order to learn some black hat methods that would be useful and also a general knowledge of SEO...all I see is a bunch of forum topics and I'm not too suure what topics to check out

So if anyone who is currently decent with this, can yall plz help a bruva out :sadcam:

Need someone to point me in the right direction in learning this sht

Thanks in advance :obama:

@Gunshi :sadcam:

http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackh...12-how-make-money-online-getting-started.html

check out the stickies on this forums
http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-seo/f12-making-money/

plenty of useful info on that site if you know how to use the search function. i tend to read the forum every so often just to stay up to date with the latest automation tools and get info about sites i might be promoting on. honestly, people dont like to share their methods on that site due to saturation, they dont want 100+ people doing the same thing they are cutting into their traffic and money.

when i first got started i use to do alot of advertising for dating websites that were paying anywhere from $2-$4 for each free sign up and after collecting some major checks i stepped away and started my own dating site.

just remember this, TRAFFIC IS KING. im actually workin on my own e-book this moment and is looking to launch in the very near future. when you figure out what it is you want to do and get started make sure its whitehat, you will only use blackhat methods and automation tools to gain traffic...Remember that.

Last edited:

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackh...12-how-make-money-online-getting-started.html

check out the stickies on this forums
http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-seo/f12-making-money/

plenty of useful info on that site if you know how to use the search function. i tend to read the forum every so often just to stay up to date with the latest automation tools and get info about sites i might be promoting on. honestly, people dont like to share their methods on that site due to saturation, they dont want 100+ people doing the same thing they are cutting into their traffic and money.

when i first got started i use to do alot of advertising for dating websites that were paying anywhere from $2-$4 for each free sign up and after collecting some major checks i stepped away and started my own dating site.

just remember this, TRAFFIC IS KING. im actually workin on my own e-book this moment and is looking to launch in the very near future. when you figure out what it is you want to do and get started make sure its whitehat, you will only use blackhat methods and automation tools to gain traffic...Remember that.
Thnx alot mang..this is exactly what i needed..

I'll google search my way to knowing the significant differences between white hat and black hat methods...

From what I read. from that topic..it seems like a good idea for me to go ahead and learn some wordpress or some html and learn some web design since it will benefit me in the future

Hey tho..question...

DO u think I should pursue monetizing off of social media sites like Facebook or instagram, without having a product or service to sell but rather through social meda marketing...should i pursue that first or is that a waste of time?

Gunshi

Reboot Coming…
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey
Thnx alot mang..this is exactly what i needed..

I'll google search my way to knowing the significant differences between white hat and black hat methods...

From what I read. from that topic..it seems like a good idea for me to go ahead and learn some wordpress or some html and learn some web design since it will benefit me in the future

Hey tho..question...

DO u think I should pursue monetizing off of social media sites like Facebook or instagram, without having a product or service to sell but rather through social meda marketing...should i pursue that first or is that a waste of time?

dont quite understand what you are asking, but considering traffic is king, traffic from any legit source is good money..... but how do you plan on monetizing without any product??? walk before you run, you need something to send them to. Either a product, ebook, dating site, blog with adsense, etc.....

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Career Academy - Online Deal 3days left
$69 for CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+ IT Certification Training Bundle from Career Academy ($1,485 Value)
$69
http://www.groupon.com/deals/career-academy-8-hartford
I have a question. in the fine print is says Expires Jul 9th, 2014. Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Does this mean the offer ends that date or does it mean you have untill that date to take your exam? :patrice:

BiggWebb79

You Don't Have The Answers...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elm City
I have a question. in the fine print is says Expires Jul 9th, 2014. Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Does this mean the offer ends that date or does it mean you have untill that date to take your exam? :patrice:
From my understanding if you buy it,the voucher have to be redeem by then. The test training is good for a year after signing up.

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From my understanding if you buy it,the voucher have to be redeem by then. The test training is good for a year after signing up.
I'm wondering because im pretty sure i could e
in that case it's cool. I have about 8 months to get as many certs as i can think i can do a+ in 2-3 months max not sure about the other ones

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Any of yall have ever taken a proveit kenexa(java) test? how is that shyt?

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Any of yall have ever taken a proveit kenexa(java) test? how is that shyt?

I've never taken one but I've been grilled by recruiters trying to see what I know. How well do you know Java? I highly doubt these test go past the basics though...

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
I've never taken one but I've been grilled by recruiters trying to see what I know. How well do you know Java? I highly doubt these test go past the basics though...
its been 2 years since i took that class. the recruiter said the score wouldn't matter(i already took the test) but i know she lyin :pachaha:

Pain

Rookie
Daps
This thread has helped me alot, I just wanna thank everyone who has contributed something because many of us were looking for answers and experiences all over the web. Like everyone said, start from the bottom cert up, get that experience and grow from within. That is my plan now.

I just landed a Desktop support internship at a healthcare company, with high rate chance of getting hired. I do not have A+ yet but will work on getting it (they will reimburse me after I get the cert).

My plan is to go into Networking after a year or so (CCNA route), I understand it will be difficult to transition from Desktop support to Network.

What will be the best advice to do so? Talk to the networking department? go to IT events such as Spiceworks? brows craigslist etc everyday until I see entry level position?

I do not plan to stay Helpdesk/desktop more than a Year.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
I've been getting a firm handle on HTML and CSS and I know the basics of Javascript... I'll give my HTML and CSS studies a couple more months before I head full steam into Javascript/graphic design to really get my web development/design chops up.