IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Daps
Reppin
MD
so if i personally know somone that is a manager in the IT field making over 125k... that would be a good connect then lol

yea definitely , I graduated from an HBCU some of the people in my major got jobs with, Microsoft, Accenture, IBM, Deloitte, Prudential, the list goes on. I could have gone to carnegie mellon university grad school for free because of the internship I did with them my junior year, because my CIS professor knew the 2 professor who were the advisor for the internship. One of my good friend in my department who graduated with a CS degree had a starting salary of 75k with a 10k signing bouns. So anything is possible. "It not what you know, it who you know"

Last edited:

GMOGMediaTV

GMOGMedia.tv
Daps
Reppin
Miami
I've been procrastinating like a mug but i'm gonna be takin my VCP 5 exam September 30th. I'm goin in breh's...

semtex

:)
Daps
yea defiantly, I graduated from an HBCU some of the people in my major got jobs with, Microsoft, Accenture, IBM, Deloitte, Prudential, the list goes on. I could have gone to carnegie mellon university grad school for free because of the internship I did with them my junior year, because my CIS professor knew the 2 professor who were the advisor for the internship. One of my good friend in my department who graduated with a CS degree had a starting salary of 75k with a 10k signing bouns. So anything is possible. "It not what you know, it who you know"
:whoa:

ski

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I already got gems from you a year ago in the other thread. I was just talking from maximizing the most paper is to go the contract route and get 2 gigs once you know what you're doing

Almost finished reading this thread, can you link the OLDER thread please?

There is a wealth of info in this thread.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've been procrastinating like a mug but i'm gonna be takin my VCP 5 exam September 30th. I'm goin in breh's...

Took it earlier this year it wasn't bad at all. I didn't even lab for it, just went through Scott Lowe's book and took a couple practice tests. The rest of my coworkers didn't even study, they just spent a couple days and memorized a brain dump. I can't hate on them cuz they know their shyt, but with kids just can't find time to really study.

But I been "studying" for the VCAP-DCA for about 4 months now and basically getting no where. It's not even that hard, I'm just not focused at all.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
*back, couldn't stay away...lol*

anyway, I don't know of one but your best bet is to look up local user groups. I've only seen ones that involve Linux..

Yo breh, I've been programming A LOT in C# lately and I must say that its a very good language that has a lot of concepts I hope the next version of Java (Java 8) include, but the only thing that is a pain is that Visual Studio isn't as good as the Eclipse IDE in certain areas. Have you try the early version of Visual Studio 2013 yet? I see its up for download through Dreamspark, I just haven't had time to get to it...

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Yo breh, I've been programming A LOT in C# lately and I must say that its a very good language that has a lot of concepts I hope the next version of Java (Java 8) include, but the only thing that is a pain is that Visual Studio isn't as good as the Eclipse IDE in certain areas. Have you try the early version of Visual Studio 2013 yet? I see its up for download through Dreamspark, I just haven't had time to get to it...

Nope... I actually just downloaded VS2012 this past Sunday from there. I was happy with VS2010 but VS2012 feels so lightweight compared to it:blessed: