IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What’s your experience? Also, do you need to get the CompTIA certs for any reasons?
The CompTia certifications are part of my degree plan.
Fortunately or unfortunately I have to take them.
No experience at all
I passed A+ part 2, but I failed Part 1 twice

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
No experience at all
Does the score report still tell you what sections you had trouble with? Concentrate on studying those and take part 1 again.

Adonai

Pro
Daps
No experience at all
Ahh okay, so I’m assuming you’re going to WGU or something similar since you had to take Project+. Do you know what stumped you on A+ Part 1? I found Net+ to be harder, but I low key don’t study that much.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ahh okay, so I’m assuming you’re going to WGU or something similar since you had to take Project+. Do you know what stumped you on A+ Part 1? I found Net+ to be harder, but I low key don’t study that much.
Yup currently enrolled in WGU.
I bombed the Hardware portion

TRBM

See me, only me...
Daps
Oh that is understandable, I'm not really even doing technical IT work right now. I am more on the business side of things. Asset manager/Business analyst.

I been hired though for specifically for what you stated though, the company I work at migrated to ServiceNow a couple of years ago and now need help fixing/cleaning shyt up/tracking data. Best gig I had in my entire life :manny:.
Still got this gig? I'm doing the Next Gen program just to get some exposure

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
I'm currently in week 4 of the course and it isn't too difficult so far. I have a habit of missing small details so I have to review some of the modules again. The first instructor was new to teaching so I'll give her props, but she never could answer questions folks had and seemed lost. She got replaced at the end of the second week by a vet and I'm grateful because this new instructor is 1000x better :ohlawd:

They gave us free access to the Now Learning platform, plus vouchers for the CSA and CAD after completion, and I honestly could've knocked this out by now if I weren't a habitual procrastinator :francis: I'll finish it by next week and schedule to take the CSA sometime next month, then I'll start the Application Developer course.
Forgot to update.

Procrastination 2
Me 0
Ya boy finished :blessed:

I started a new job right around the last 3 weeks, training ended the same time the class started lol, and totally forgot about finishing the courses because I was so busy. I somehow was able to contribute on the group project and thought shyt was sweet. My TA hit me on the side a few days later telling me I had two days to complete 15 courses or I couldn't pass :mjcry: thugged it out tho:whew:

I'm taking the CSA either at the end of the month or in early February. There are tons of resources for alumni that I plan to utilize. Its hard to stay focused honestly because my mind constantly wanders.

TRBM

See me, only me...
Daps
Forgot to update.

Procrastination 2
Me 0
Ya boy finished :blessed:

I started a new job right around the last 3 weeks, training ended the same time the class started lol, and totally forgot about finishing the courses because I was so busy. I somehow was able to contribute on the group project and thought shyt was sweet. My TA hit me on the side a few days later telling me I had two days to complete 15 courses or I couldn't pass :mjcry: thugged it out tho:whew:

I'm taking the CSA either at the end of the month or in early February. There are tons of resources for alumni that I plan to utilize. Its hard to stay focused honestly because my mind constantly wanders.
:ohhh:

I dapped your old post and forgot about it

Did you do the 10 week program?

They gave you two vouchers?

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
:ohhh:

I dapped your old post and forgot about it

Did you do the 10 week program?

They gave you two vouchers?

Yup I finished maybe 3 weeks ago. Well it was supposed to be one voucher, CSA, because the class' primary focus is learning the basics but I enrolled in the Application Development Fundamentals course before the deadline which should give me the CAD voucher once I'm finished. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it though because according to my instructor, we were only supposed to have access to Now Learning up until the end of last year. I downloaded like 10 ebooks just in case lol and can basically do the training in my own PDI.

Here's the link if you're interested:

Just enroll in On Demand then complete the course and you'll have the voucher. I see that you started Next Gen, how far along are you?

Last edited:

TRBM

See me, only me...
Daps
Yup I finished maybe 3 weeks ago. Well it was supposed to be one voucher, CSA, because the class' primary focus is learning the basics but I enrolled in the Application Development Fundamentals course before the deadline which should give me the CAD voucher once I'm finished. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it though because according to my instructor, we were only supposed to have access to Now Learning up until the end of last year. I downloaded like 10 ebooks just in case lol and can basically do the training in my own PDI.

Here's the link if you're interested:

Just enroll in On Demand then complete the course and you'll have the voucher. I see that you started Next Gen, how far along are you?
Bet

I don't start for a few weeks, only experience I have with it was the initial microcert

Daps
Haven't posted in here in a brick.
Notice on Twitter blacktech is talking about this GovTech bullshyt. What the hell is GovTech and why is this the new trend now?