IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I appreciate it breh, I just wanna see nikkas succeed :to:

I just came back from a meeting with the UNIA and we getting the ground work together to start teaching some classes in the hood to show cats how to get a career in IT. I can't speak on everything, but between the ideas I got in my head and the structure/infrastructure they have in place........:whoo:

i was looking to get something like this started in Detroit, but have no idea how to get started, plus my partners i had in mind to help backed out/routinely forgot :beli: finding like minded individuals is like looking for aliens sometimes

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
i was looking to get something like this started in Detroit, but have no idea how to get started, plus my partners i had in mind to help backed out/routinely forgot :beli: finding like minded individuals is like looking for aliens sometimes

I know breh, even within the group I'm with, some of the people be having me like :what:

But I always had plans to do it dolo, so I ain't really concerned. Once I get the lesson plan created and the framework toegether, if you're seriously interested, I'll shoot you an email so you got everything you need to get started. All the teaching material, places to research holding the classes, how to get starting equipment and funding, and all other types of logistics.

My plan is have this implemented all throughout the US, then parlay it into teaching cats how to do the same thing in Africa (I'm thinking Nairobi).

It's not a game breh. I'm really on some get down or lay down shyt. Either get in live or get ran the fukk over :birdman:

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know breh, even within the group I'm with, some of the people be having me like :what:

But I always had plans to do it dolo, so I ain't really concerned. Once I get the lesson plan created and the framework toegether, if you're seriously interested, I'll shoot you an email so you got everything you need to get started. All the teaching material, places to research holding the classes, how to get starting equipment and funding, and all other types of logistics.

My plan is have this implemented all throughout the US, then parlay it into teaching cats how to do the same thing in Africa (I'm thinking Nairobi).

It's not a game breh. I'm really on some get down or lay down shyt. Either get in live or get ran the fukk over :birdman:

Thought about doing something similar with this for IT students looking to get into the field at my alma mater

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Side note, are yall aware of how much people are paying for these online cert courses? Imagine how much hands on training is worth

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

bet I can dig it. im interested in reaching the kids/providing additional options.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Thought about doing something similar with this for IT students looking to get into the field at my alma mater

You trying to get into IT as a career, or are you trying to start a class? If you're trying to start a class to help cats in the community, hit me on the inbox. I'm working on some thangz right now :steviej:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
its hard as fukk to get a job.

i mean i found jobs(askin me to sign 2 years contract for meager pay and go around to the country to work on projects and shyt) but i'm keepin them as last ditch effort in case i can't get the jobs i want.

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps
Side note, are yall aware of how much people are paying for these online cert courses? Imagine how much hands on training is worth

I don't have my A+ but the company I work for is sending me to Learning Tree for a week to learn as a prep course for the 801 and 802 and the bill comes out to $2500

i mean i found jobs(askin me to sign 2 years contract for meager pay and go around to the country to work on projects and shyt) but i'm keepin them as last ditch effort in case i can't get the jobs i want.

A friend of mine is on a Migration Project from XP to 7, $30/HR and Room, Board and Flights are paid for by the Company.

shyt is comfy as fukk, re-imaging machines, do updates, encrypt and just kick back.

If it's a job like that take it.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
I don't have my A+ but the company I work for is sending me to Learning Tree for a week to learn as a prep course for the 801 and 802 and the bill comes out to $2500

A friend of mine is on a Migration Project from XP to 7, $30/HR and Room, Board and Flights are paid for by the Company.

shyt is comfy as fukk, re-imaging machines, do updates, encrypt and just kick back.

If it's a job like that take it.

:damn:

this was my first job in IT but it I was only getting 16$/hr. the idea of traveling and staying in a hotel for a week or two sounded like shyt, but after a week it was like a nice get away. i had a system that allowed me to image about 8 computers at once so by thursday i wouldnt have any work and on fridays i would write that i went in for 8 hours on my time sheet but i was working out in the hotel gym and then going out somewhere. the per diem you get adds up so you're pocketing a couple extra hundred a week. i kinda miss those days

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.

:childplease: breh aint you in Seattle? I hear the IT market out there is real hot. You just need to get your foot in the door somewhere. Dont worry bout the pay for your first gig. Just take a position that will give you the most experience for a year or two. Think long term.
Once you got some real solid marketable skills under your belt, the opportunities that are out there bruh :ohlawd:

You become the chooser at that point, not the employer. nikkas in most industries are desperate for jobs while you could be turning down 6 figure jobs just cause. Only way to live bruh :whew:

...................................and rg3 will still be > russell wilson this season :umad:

All Star
Daps
anyone ever go through a community college?

Took my placement test and it suggested Int. Algebra. Can I ignore that or will they make me take that course?

Chris.B

Banned
Daps

don't let the contract scare you, most states are right to work. You can walk away at any time.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

Man, hook me up with the info when u get this done. I am hoping to get some stuff like this done when I get back up north. Maybe a summer course or something, but I definitely want to pass on this knowledge man.

Exit9NJturnpike

Gmen Giants Big Blue
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Brunswick, NJ
Never noticed this thread, and I haven't looked through it yet. Brief history on me, i've had alot bad recent history with universities. I basically should've received my bachelor's back in 2010, but was unable to finish my last year because of financial aid problems. Why am I in a IT Certs career thread, well basically i feel like i've wasted thousands of dollars and i'm unsure if a bachelor's in Criminal Justice is even worth it. Yesterday I checked out an IT school or whatever (PC Age) they offer a 9 month program and after that your certified with all the basic certs I guess. My question is should I just finish my Senior year at an university and get my B.A. in CJ or if I get all the certs (I think PC age offers like 7 or 8 of them) are there real opportunities out there? and is a B.A. in Computer Science necessary. I'm interested in being a network engineer.

Exit9NJturnpike

Gmen Giants Big Blue
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Brunswick, NJ
One more thing, I work in a data center for a major financial institution, and all these IT guys make it sound simple. Like all you need is certs and that's it. Can't tell you how frustrating it is seeing guy's my age making double what I make and not even having my education background. These dudes don't even have Associate's degrees! I always assumed they knew somebody. I have to make a decision fast, since I'm already currently enrolled at a university. Help me brehs, tired of being broke..