IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Honestly I would look to learn C# or Java over C++. After you've done a couple of projects and feel comfortable with either one go to C++.

The reason for this is, you want to learn how to design programs( at this stage you shouldn't concern yourself managing memory or looking for libraries to use ) Plus you are more likely to stick with programming if you pick up a easier language.

Both Languages have a lot of pre-written stuff to help you.

For C, unless you will be doing low-level programming you'll be wasting your time.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
:salute: breh

Learn all you can while you there. It's more than just getting experience, get used to going around and talking to the cats in the other departments. Make friends with guys that do networking, unix, wintel, security, database, programming, analysts, PMs, etc. Get in close with them and ask em if there's anything you can do to help because you're just trying to learn. They'll probably give you a bunch of bytch work, but typically if they know you're good at what you do, they'll continue to throw work your way.

That way you'll know which area of IT you like the most. Once you figure that out, get the certs that line up with what you wanna do.

Hustle hard, hustle fast, and in 5-7 years you can be part of the 6 figure, 6 cert, 6 foot, 6 pack, 6 series IT coli club :obama:

:deadmanny:

I don't have any certs but I definitely fit the mold for the rest of the qualifications (and sub the 6 series for a g35 and g37 coupe) :smugdraper:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
:damn: damn, are you serious when you say within 5-7 yrs in IT someone can makes 6 figures? :whew: if thats the case I will be grinding like my life depended on it

It's all about how bad you want it man...

I look at IT the same way athletes coming up in the hood look at sports and nikkas like Curren$y look at rap. The boy Nas said it best on "Reach Out" Ft. Mary J. Blidge...

"I like to teach and build,
With brothers about how easy it is to reach a mil,
All you need is a skill,
and then it’s grindtime
"

Everyday I'm practicing and learning so my skills can be elite level. I grind day in and day out because this the shyt I love to do. This my life! Dog you gotta be willing to dedicate yourself to this shyt and I mean like 30 hours or more of practice/study per week. The same way Kobe and Bron work on that jumpshot, you need to working on your skills! You finally got your foot in the door, now take flight my nikka :salute:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Soon you will have 6 dimes.....I only have 2 right now

:woah: nah breh, I don't want that many hoes man, especially not in ATL, too easy to get caught up and next thing you know them hoes will be :eat: off of me, fukk that!

Just had the scare of my life not to long ago :wow:. Thank God it wasn't mine :whew:, shyt left me scarred for life tho :to:

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
:woah: nah breh, I don't want that many hoes man, especially not in ATL, too easy to get caught up and next thing you know them hoes will be :eat: off of me, fukk that!

Just had the scare of my life not to long ago :wow:. Thank God it wasn't mine :whew:, shyt left me scarred for life tho :to:

Im up here in the A brother!...had to kick a stripper off the team

I pick the bytch up at 4 am from her apt...she got on high heels and a mini-skirt...Im like"..."bytch we aint goin nowhere but to my crib"

get to crib...she complainin left and right...I went to sleep on that ho

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
:damn: damn, are you serious when you say within 5-7 yrs in IT someone can makes 6 figures? :whew: if thats the case I will be grinding like my life depended on it

I'm at 9 years right now. I hit 6 figures at around 6 or 7 years in (can't remember). You can probably do it faster if you're motivated and focused.

Soon you will have 6 dimes.....I only have 2 right now

How can I forget about the 6 dimes :blessed:

medium.JPG

It's all about how bad you want it man...

I look at IT the same way athletes coming up in the hood look at sports and nikkas like Curren$y look at rap. The boy Nas said it best on "Reach Out" Ft. Mary J. Blidge...

"I like to teach and build,
With brothers about how easy it is to reach a mil,
All you need is a skill,
and then it’s grindtime
"

Everyday I'm practicing and learning so my skills can be elite level. I grind day in and day out because this the shyt I love to do. This my life! Dog you gotta be willing to dedicate yourself to this shyt and I mean like 30 hours or more of practice/study per week. The same way Kobe and Bron work on that jumpshot, you need to working on your skills! You finally got your foot in the door, now take flight my nikka :salute:

That's how I look at it too. If you a hustler and you have an entrepreneurial spirit, 50k/mo is definitely possible. I have so many ideas running around in my head to make bread it's crazy :wow:

Soon as I finish my CCIE, I'm getting on my hustle hard :birdman:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Im up here in the A brother!...had to kick a stripper off the team

I pick the bytch up at 4 am from her apt...she got on high heels and a mini-skirt...Im like"..."bytch we aint goin nowhere but to my crib"

get to crib...she complainin left and right...I went to sleep on that ho

I used to be bout that life breh :to:

coose

Pro
Daps
Reppin
The Archives
Sub's....out here in Connecticut finally self studying for my Cisco certs, been in IT for years though no cert's at all just my college degree and work experience but getting certs now in preparation for moving out of state and having to jump into a new area job market, figured it would help me be more marketable besides experience................

Anybody doing IT doing in Florida?????

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Anyone in Michigan or Ohio looking for something new... holla at me.... I might have something. Anyway need help with anything software dev related... holla at me.

Oh yeah, and a good path is to .... learn java or c#/asp Then get a LinkedIn, do some small projects... then do some contracts... then get a great job. 50+hr 100K +

My younger brother is on the networking side... That seems tough to me, but he says it's the easy thing in the world.. and you just have to get cisco certs.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
:ohhh: breh i've read this thread front to back and i have to ask

have you gotten ANY certs yet cuz you were talking about studying for the A+ then i never saw you post about getting that shyt...

and that was MONTHS ago :why:

Of course :ppvbro: Network up next, and Security in July/August