Movies and tv shows
Issa-Rae-Insecure-Full-Trailer.jpg

*unsure if I need to abandon the thread or not*

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Just finished watching the series. I'm a fan of the show, and now a big fan of Issa Rae. Hope this show stays and gets better, and I'm eager to see where she goes in her career.

Prob my favorite line of the season was when Issa imagined Lawrence hitting her saying, "bytch I don't want no sloppy seconds...I ain't Russell Wilson in this mothafukka!" :mjlol:

Last edited:
Daps
Just finished the season. I really like the show but I worry for it because of HBO.

Damn near every comedy for the last 5 or 6 years has gotten canned within a few seasons. How To Make It In America, Hung, Bored To Death, Hello Ladies, Togetherness, etc.

I hope they have the same faith in Issa as they have in Dunham because that will probably save Insecure from those other shows fates.

HBO lives for the critically acclaimed. This show has delivered on that. I think we see at least 4 seasons.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Yvonne Orji To Star In Commercial On The Evolution Of Black Beauty In Hollywood
Yvonne Orji has quickly become one of our favorite funny girls as Issa’s BFF on Insecure. After an overwhelminging positive reception to season 1 of the HBO series, we had a feeling we’d be seeing a lot more of Yvonne, but we had no idea how soon. On February 11, she’s set to host the red carpet for the NAACP Image Awards and during that time she’ll also star in her own commercial on the evolution of beauty in Black Hollywood.

The ad spot is the result of a collaboration between P&G’s My Black is Beautiful Initiative and the Image Awards to showcase black beauty in its various forms. In the commercial, the Nigerian-American actress, who’s also an Image Award nominee, will share her perspective on the evolution of Black beauty in Hollywood while embodying that very evolution herself with her chocolate skin, textured ‘fro, full lips, and contagious smile.

Check out behind-the-scenes photos from the shoot and be sure to tune in to the NAACP Image Awards Saturday, February 11 on TV One. Red carpet starts at 7:30.

Woodwerkz

R.I.P. King Bean #8 #24 and Little Deuce #2 Gigi
Daps
Reppin
Mamba Mentality # Kobe&GiGi. #LakerNation #LWO
:dame:

He didn't tell her any of those things during that phone conversation. In fact, he made it seem like he wanted to make up and work things out.:stopitslime:

Have a seat. :comeon:

Yeah...he said when she got back. No one told her to rush back that night tho so that was on her. I honestly think he meant what he said...but was like "let me get this out of my system" status first with Tasha. I'm sure he probably felt like if he did that with Tasha...then it's an even slate with Issa when she got back. But like I said...she ran her ass home all early and now her feeling are hurt.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
No one told her to rush back that night tho so that was on her. I honestly think he meant what he said...but was like "let me get this out of my system"

This is exactly what was intended. He knew she would be gone for so long &'he had that much time to get his shyt without her begging him to stay. He wanted to go without a tearful goodbye (prolly from both parties. He loved Issa & was ready to propose so her cheating REALLY hurt!!)

It set in after my second watch. But damn as it put together well. Filming starts byke in April. It should be back on by October maybe November!!