Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Thought this was some super girly shyt but it's actually really entertaining. Lit very well, Black characters that actually have dimensions as oppose to being 1d stereotypes very refreshing. Finished the whole 8 last night, worst parts are when the 4 girls are together, the lead is quite talented.

Could really identify with Lawrence, lot of dudes have been there, you aren't a bum but plans aren't working out and you have bigger plans for yourself, so keep grinding but aren't getting that support from your girl. Then when someone that isn't treating you like a piranha is giving u those words of encouragement but without the history it's like who is this? When he plowed her at the end it's like his full season of anger was behind every pump :russ:

I hope it doesn't lose its heart like house of lies did when it returned

Last edited:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I personally think she's more deserving for a writing nomination than acting but good for her either way. She deserves recognition for putting this show out there.
We can eat when she gets that Emmys nom in that category. :mjcry: (happy cry yall. I'm happy like it happened to me)

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finished watching a few days ago. I still hate the pilot but it got better as it went on:ehh:

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Just finished the season. I really like the show but I worry for it because of HBO.

Damn near every comedy for the last 5 or 6 years has gotten canned within a few seasons. How To Make It In America, Hung, Bored To Death, Hello Ladies, Togetherness, etc.

I hope they have the same faith in Issa as they have in Dunham because that will probably save Insecure from those other shows fates.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Look i finished the season. Dont feel like answering your questions.
Oh you gone answer me!! You finished the season & ain't gone tell me why?? Have you lost yo mind?? Lmao, for real, not everyone likes everything. It's a lot of dudes who shytted on the show but came around. I want to voice your opinion on the show.
tumblr_mfpgg0nepJ1rrr2r7o1_400.gif

Tell me why damn it!!