Reppin
Movies and tv shows

giphy-31.gif

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
Just watched. Honestly I was :francis: after the first 2 episodes. Got a lot better at the end to the point where I'm sitting here watching my man fall in love with a skripper like :mjcry: 'it hurts man'

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Issa Rae Says Mission Of Insecure Was To Showcase Positive Black Female Friendships
By Victoria Uwumarogie
While speaking at Deadline’s second annual Contenders Emmys in New York, Issa Rae was asked about what she set out to do with Insecure when she created the series. One might assume her mission was to display the experiences of everyday Black women dating, working and just living. Simple, yet still an important depiction. But really, the inspiration, according to Rae, was to change the way certain people and places as a whole are represented on TV — particularly Black women and the places we live.

Issa-Rae-PF.jpeg

“I knew that I wanted to have a show set in L.A, I knew that I wanted to highlight specific parts of L.A. that I hadn’t seen demonstrated in the most positive light in the last couple of years,” she said in a panel event. “And I wanted to make South L.A. sexy!”

She continued, speaking on the importance of highlighting positive relationships between Black women. “I think for such a long time, I just was not seeing great black female friendships on television. It was constantly about tearing one another down or throwing shade. There are elements of that, but for the most part, black women are essential to my life.”

With those things being the mission of the series, Rae was asked what fans should expect when Season 2 returns this summer.

“I think with Season 2, we’re picking up where we left off, and we’re exploring just what it looks like when everyone’s doing what they’re supposed to be doing,” Rae said. “When you’re single, what are you supposed to be doing? When someone tells you you need therapy, what are you supposed to be doing? Without giving too much away, I always tell people to imagine, if your friends had been in the scenarios at the end of Season 1, what would they do, or what would you do? That’s probably how Season 2 will play out.”

Season 2 of the hit HBO comedy will premiere on July 23rd.

Images via WENN and Splash