Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
Women on Twitter are ALL in their feelings :mjlol:

Some wrote a couple of articles and think pieces. One piece LITERALLY said that "building" with black men is fruitless for Black Women because the man will most likely stay with someone like Issa while he's broke and then get with someone like Tasha when he gets his swag back..

Like Lawerence didn't SPECIFICALLY tell Issa that he was sorry and was going to get his shyt together, did EXACTLY that, only to get cheated on:martin:

The logic with SOME of these women (NOT all) is deplorable

Her friend grabbed a dudes dikk and they laughed about it. Female logic is just plain retarded.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Her friend grabbed a dudes dikk and they laughed about it. Female logic is just plain retarded.
It's not assault if it's a woman doing it :troll:

Wait :lupe: was this episode already done before or after Trump getting caught up saying he grabs women by their pu**y?

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah, see this is why all these overdramatic thinkpieces that women are writing that seem to talk about everything BUT the fact that Issa cheated, are bullshyt. Just imagine if the genders were reversed. First, there'd be a million thinkpieces about how the show supports rape culture with Molly sexually assaulting someone at the bar and then being a creep taking advantage of a college student who is about a decade younger than her.

Second, all these women crying over Issa would be CHEERING and applauding if she was the one who got cheated on and took her revenge. These are the same people who cheered when Angela Basset destroyed her husband's property and committed a criminal act in Waiting To Exhale. No thinkpieces, no deflections, no excuses, just a bunch of "he deserved it" and "yasss girl" lol. Issa chose to stay and she CHEATED, she got what was coming to her, and at this point, Lawrence doesn't owe her shyt. And what Lawrence did isn't even that serious. He moved his shyt out and got some pussy which he had every right to do. Yeah the Best Buy shirt thing was a little petty, but fukk it, at least he didn't key Issa's car, destroy her property or publicly embarrass her like I'm sure most of the women hating on him have done at some point in their lives. But because he's not sitting around crying over Issa somehow he's a savage, lol, foh.

Also, women need to stop with all this talk about a double standard when it comes to women being more forgiving than men are when it comes to cheating. Ladies, instead of expecting men to take back cheaters, how about ya'll follow our example and just stop taking back cheaters. Then there wouldn't be a double standard anymore, problem solved lol

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also, this #LawrenceHive shyt is hilarious and I support it but fellas be careful. Remember that Issa is still running this show. If we get a little too arrogant and cocky with our celebrations Issa might be on some
3yXMRYa.gif
and turn Lawrence into a simp next season just to get back at us and appease her female audience :russ:

Daps
Reppin
NYC

Milk N Cookies

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Not backshots but safe for work viewing

I had no idea she was in Get Hard
It's on demand too. Just wanted to throw that out there. In case you plan to watch it for the laughs (cause the movie is funny as fukk!!)

I'll even time stamp it for your fapping purposes if you plan to watch the movie. End of the movie 2nd to last scene. You can thank me with daps & reps.

Last edited:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I know a lot of people on here may be annoyed by the thinkpieces but I think it's good for the series overall to have a bunch of people talking/debating/arguing over the finale. HBO folks are paying attention and might be more willing to give it a bigger budget, more episodes, more marketing, and maybe even a better primetime slot than 10:30 because it gets the puters putin.

Interested to see what the rating for the finale is. Hoping it got back in the .4 range.

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
I know a lot of people on here may be annoyed by the thinkpieces but I think it's good for the series overall to have a bunch of people talking/debating/arguing over the finale. HBO folks are paying attention and might be more willing to give it a bigger budget, more episodes, more marketing, and maybe even a better primetime slot than 10:30 because it gets the puters putin.

Interested to see what the ratings are.

You're absolutely right! As bad as I did not like Lawrence fukkin Tasha like that, he was in the "right". I think it bothers some women viewers because when the relationship ends, typically we cry, eat our feelings away etc. while our is ex fukking some other chick like its nothing. Thats a fact and most men were cheering because its cathartic

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Interested to see what the rating for the finale is. Hoping it got back in the .4 range.

Nothing wrong with think pieces..

It's just at least TRY to be somewhat objective

Milk N Cookies

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
one complaint about this show is for the amount of sex that's happening on here, we are seeing network tv levels of nudity :pacspit:
:russ: There are only like 5-6 sex scenes and that's only in the last 3-4 episodes. (All well done! Got my life on every single one. *wipes brow* )
And it's on HBO @ 9:30 at night the fukk they supposed to do? I guess they forgot or never knew Real Sex ran HBO late nights for like 15 years (yeah I used to watch it.) Or that they had a show about a 'bunny ranch' or the one about Hugh Hefner had (maybe that was Showtime..)

:jbhmm: Oh, but the word 'p*ssy' can fly on MTV after nine?? I swear some folks will find anything to bytch about. And twerking can be shown on every other kids show? :martin: Are they saying this on Madame Noire too?