Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m pretty sure you just finished the last szn if it was the latest one

oh wow ok…damn…immediately changes my perspective…thought it wrapped up nicely since that’s the case…I wish I knew that going in…I would’ve been a little bit more patient with it

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
oh wow ok…damn…immediately changes my perspective…thought it wrapped up nicely since that’s the case…I wish I knew that going in…I would’ve been a little bit more patient with it
shyt ended abrupt af I can see how you wouldn’t have known :russ: the pacing was lowkey basura, and they ended up having to do that time skip because of the time they wasted on BS. I could tell Issa was ready to be done with it, but I appreciate the show overall just for existing.

But fukk that Issa Lawrence shyt: after the airport at the beginning of szn, that shoulda been a wrap on them :stopitslime:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shyt ended abrupt af I can see how you wouldn’t have known :russ: the pacing was lowkey basura, and they ended up having to do that time skip because of the time they wasted on BS. I could tell Issa was ready to be done with it, but I appreciate the show overall just for existing.

But fukk that Issa Lawrence shyt: after the airport at the beginning of szn, that shoulda been a wrap on them :stopitslime:

ya prior to knowing it was the series finale I was going to complain and say the show should either be extended to an hour or they needed to drawback on all the random music montages…I felt some shyt got resolved a little too quickly…like issa and molly's fight, same with lawrence and condola’s argument…even issa’s issues with crenshawn got resolved fairly quickly…but I feel like I would’ve been a little more “forgiving” if I’d known it was the series finale…great series overall…I’m glad this was the last season…it ended on a decent note

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ya prior to knowing it was the series finale I was going to complain and say the show should either be extended to an hour or they needed to drawback on all the random music montages…I felt some shyt got resolved a little too quickly…like issa and molly's fight, same with lawrence and condola’s argument…even issa’s issues with crenshawn got resolved fairly quickly…but I feel like I would’ve been a little more “forgiving” if I’d known it was the series finale…great series overall…I’m glad this was the last season…it ended on a decent note
Bro the shyt with Molly’s mom was so badly handled it was honestly hilarious to me. Just random phone call that she’s gone, then we get Thanos snapped to the wedding :mjlol:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bro the shyt with Molly’s mom was so badly handled it was honestly hilarious to me. Just random phone call that she’s gone, then we get Thanos snapped to the wedding :mjlol:

I didn’t feel it was handled that badly…shyt be happening that fast re: the mom’s health…granted the birthday time spin was a bit overwhelming…I get why they had to do it but it was too much for 20-25 minutes of television…it all makes sense tho given it was the series finale…I’m thinking why they rushing this shyt…save some for next season not realizing at the time this was the last one lmao…it’s not until I seen the last montage that I realized damn this feels like a series finale and then I saw your post right after I edited mine

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didn’t feel it was handled that badly…shyt be happening that fast re: the mom’s health…granted the birthday time spin was a bit overwhelming…I get why they had to do it but it was too much for 20-25 minutes of television
It wasn’t the phone call for me (:dame: I don’t like that “it’s the ____ for me” shyt that was a coincidence). I definitely understand how it can come outta nowhere, I’ve lived it too many times:francis: it was the lack of follow up. One of the main characters loses their mom and she don’t even get to grieve or anything. I feel like that’s an area they could have spent more time, considering how much of Molly’s storyline involved her rents

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It wasn’t the phone call for me (:dame: I don’t like that “it’s the ____ for me” shyt that was a coincidence). I definitely understand how it can come outta nowhere, I’ve lived it too many times:francis: it was the lack of follow up. One of the main characters loses their mom and she don’t even get to grieve or anything. I feel like that’s an area they could have spent more time, considering how much of Molly’s storyline involved her rents

ok ya that transition immediately into the other birthdays right after was definitely weird

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
just started ep 4…is the hot chic from the barbershop that issa thinks nathan is fukking an IG model?

face looks real familiar…voice ugly as shyt tho lol

I remembered her from this video…couldn’t place it at the time tho

just came across this thread a few minutes ago which obviously jogged my memory lol