Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Can we all agree that Insecure has the best soundtrack and scoring of any series all time ever. Every damn episode they playing some gems. There should be a legit anthology release of music after the series ends.

Raphael Saadiq is a god.
I want to know who curates the music for this show. Over the years they have put me onto so many cool songs, ESPECIALLY hip hop from female artists. That song "whew chile" that ended last week's episode is funny and fukkin fire.
:dj2:

I caught up with the last two episodes last night...and again, the writing this season is fukkin me up. I am just not feeling it. Why do we have to see Molly getting eaten out before finding out that her mom had a stroke? Why is Issa riding dikk as she's having a deep conversation with Nathan? I get the whole "we're just trying to emulate real life and women being free just like men would" angle...but those were just weird to me.

And why, why, why do we have to see Taurean and Molly having a "moment" where they kinda feel each other. The dude has been a stern as$hole type ever since we met him, and we finally get to see a redeeming quality about him - which was great - but that doesn't mean we have to immediately shift to him potentially being a love interest for Molly IMO.

You gonna tell me that Taurean is the one who finally helps Molly get her life together, and they end up happily ever after? Her co-worker / manager?

How the fukk did Nathan and the other barber not fight after being so disrespectful? Exactly where are we going with Nathan's story anyway? Is it just to make fans empathetic to mental health, and spread mental health awareness?

Not feelin it. :hubie:

And lastly - honestly...what is the purpose of Crenshawn? Is his purpose to help Issa realize what her issues are deep down?? Genuinely curious.

Last edited:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I want to know who curates the music for this show. Over the years they have put me onto so many cool songs, ESPECIALLY hip hop from female artists. That song "whew chile" that ended last week's episode is funny and fukkin fire.
:dj2:

I caught up with the last two episodes last night...and again, the writing this season is fukkin me up. I am just not feeling it. Why do we have to see Molly getting eaten out before finding out that her mom had a stroke? Why is Issa riding dikk as she's having a deep conversation with Nathan? I get the whole "we're just trying to emulate real life and women being free just like men would" angle...but those were just weird to me.

And why, why, why do we have to see Taurean and Molly having a "moment" where they kinda feel each other. The dude has been a stern as$hole type ever since we met him, and we finally get to see a redeeming quality about him - which was great - but that doesn't mean we have to immediately shift to him potentially being a love interest for Molly IMO.

You gonna tell me that Taurean is the one who finally helps Molly get her life together, and they end up happily ever after? Her co-worker / manager?

How the fukk did Nathan and the other barber not fight after being so disrespectful? Exactly where are we going with Nathan's story anyway?

Not feelin it. :hubie:

And lastly - honestly...what is the purpose of Crenshawn? Is his purpose to help Issa realize what her issues are deep down?? Genuinely curious.

I laughed hard at that shyt with Issa trying to ask breh if he loved her while fukking, but that's primarily because it's happened to me a few times. A lot of women really do get so in their own head that shyt like that happens.

I think that the shyt with Molly and the guy from work is potentially less about him being the perfect guy hiding in plain sight trope, and more about her own inability to process her emotions properly, and defaulting to just fukking men who show her attention.

Nathan's story is about him learning to accept and cope with his own condition, and learn how to deal with confrontation by extension. The other barber is that one barber in every shop that stays fukking up and punches down at those around him when he gets called out.

And Crenshawn is just a further part of Issa's storyline with learning that her choices have consequences, and some of this shyt is her fault. Breh even said "Try to see it from my point of view," and everything.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
I laughed hard at that shyt with Issa trying to ask breh if he loved her while fukking, but that's primarily because it's happened to me a few times. A lot of women really do get so in their own head that shyt like that happens.

I think that the shyt with Molly and the guy from work is potentially less about him being the perfect guy hiding in plain sight trope, and more about her own inability to process her emotions properly, and defaulting to just fukking men who show her attention.

Nathan's story is about him learning to accept and cope with his own condition, and learn how to deal with confrontation by extension. The other barber is that one barber in every shop that stays fukking up and punches down at those around him when he gets called out.

And Crenshawn is just a further part of Issa's storyline with learning that her choices have consequences, and some of this shyt is her fault. Breh even said "Try to see it from my point of view," and everything.
no doubt...appreciate it.

but do you find these storylines or angles taken interesting? i feel like the quality of the writing has not been strong, and even the comedy hasn't been as good as past seasons...to this point.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Twenties? Or Sistas?

:mjlol:

Monetize BW’s struggles with dating while being “successful”

LMFAO I had to look up Sistas. Don't know what that is. lol

I watched this show but don't remember the title so I googled "tv show set in harlem with black women"

And this is the show I watched.

It is pretty funny. The main character is fine as hell.

Back to Insecure, finally a good episode. That shyt was funny in the beginning.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
LMFAO I had to look up Sistas. Don't know what that is. lol

I watched this show but don't remember the title so I googled "tv show set in harlem with black women"

And this is the show I watched.

It is pretty funny. The main character is fine as hell.

Back to Insecure, finally a good episode. That shyt was funny in the beginning.

Is this any good? Should I be watching this? Is 50 vent involved or not?

• Dap
Reactions: jeh