Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I liked this episode a lot:ehh:

Even subplots I wasn't very interested in before, I enjoyed the scenes devoted to them:ehh:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, both of the fantasy sequences with Issa had me :mjlol:

Great continuation from the last shot of the previous week.

Didn't realize Raisha (sp) worked at the same spot that Nathan did, along with Lil Romeo. Late barber bringing up Nathan being bipolar :francis:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Now THIS is how you do a top notch episode of Insecure!

I been saying for the past two seasons that Molly was going to get with the Bald headed Lawyer. I want my daps and props for being the FIRST to call that happening.

That five minute intro was HILARIOUS. Probably the “funniest” sequence this entire season. When Issa threw that baby I laughed out loud HARD:russ: Then when Condola got her back, that shyt was CLASSIC.

Nathan calling out Issa was a looongggg time coming and SOMEBODY needed to do that shyt. Not even Lawrence had the balls to call her out on her bullshyt. Before this episode it was Daniel wayyyyy back in season 2 who was the last man just willing to tell Issa about herself and her emotional ups and downs. It seems like this episode was an entire episode, from Creashaw to Nathan, in serving as a wake up call to Issa that she’s NOT a victim and the sooner she addresses her personal flaws the sooner she won’t be “Insecure” any longer. This season is about the main characters growing up, but this episode is the first one that actually felt like the message CONNECTED.

Which may have been part of the plan in the writer’s room. The first few episodes are business as usual. Molly being a freaked out, uptight, workaholic. Lawrence being a passive puppy dog. And Issa suffering insecurity and blaming everything and every one for HER personal shortcomings. Now the last two episodes are starting to show an about face for all three of them.

Lawrence made the decision to move back to LA (which I called last week) to be a more present and active father to his son.

Molly finally accepted help from someone other than her shrink and Issa. And in so doing may have found the romantic equal she’s been longing for for YEARS. The irony of it being he was right in front in her the last three seasons.

Issa is slowly dawning to the realization that she’s the architect of many of her own problems. SHE’s the one who cheated on Lawrence, which caused the whole series of events that ultimately led him to Condola. SHE’s the one who decided to friendzone Nathan for up to a YEAR, and then send him mixed messages, and THEN say she wants to be with him, and THEN tells him she loves him after only a few weeks of dating. Issa created that mess. Now SHE has to clean it up.

Overall this was pretty much a perfect episode. Great use of humor, great character interactions, soundtrack on point, and the cinematography continues to he the best on television.

10/10

Maybe I’m reaching, but isn’t the way she ignored how Nathan was feeling and what he was going through to make it about her self reminiscent of what she did to Lawrence in Season 1?

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
This lame as bald lawyer is hilarious:russ: They always end his scenes with him saying some awkward cornball shyt:russ: reminds me of me:mjcry:

I remember Leonard from WildNOut original seasons back in the day. At first his acting and delivery comes off extremely stiff. But then you realize he's playing the character as an uptight and awkward guy