Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Seems like I'm the only one who wasn't wowed by the episode. :ld:

Relatively speaking it was great compared to the other episodes this season besides the Lawrence/Conductor episode. There were more highs in this episode than most of the others. Can’t complain about too much though I’m still not quite seeing how it can be wrapped up by the finale.

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:russ: @ Issa doing the yeet the baby meme
cover13.jpg

Even had the same shooting form

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I remember Leonard from WildNOut original seasons back in the day. At first his acting and delivery comes off extremely stiff. But then you realize he's playing the character as an uptight and awkward guy
You sure that’s the same guy?

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Now THIS is how you do a top notch episode of Insecure!

I been saying for the past two seasons that Molly was going to get with the Bald headed Lawyer. I want my daps and props for being the FIRST to call that happening.

That five minute intro was HILARIOUS. Probably the “funniest” sequence this entire season. When Issa threw that baby I laughed out loud HARD:russ: Then when Condola got her back, that shyt was CLASSIC.

Nathan calling out Issa was a looongggg time coming and SOMEBODY needed to do that shyt. Not even Lawrence had the balls to call her out on her bullshyt. Before this episode it was Daniel wayyyyy back in season 2 who was the last man just willing to tell Issa about herself and her emotional ups and downs. It seems like this episode was an entire episode, from Creashaw to Nathan, in serving as a wake up call to Issa that she’s NOT a victim and the sooner she addresses her personal flaws the sooner she won’t be “Insecure” any longer. This season is about the main characters growing up, but this episode is the first one that actually felt like the message CONNECTED.

Which may have been part of the plan in the writer’s room. The first few episodes are business as usual. Molly being a freaked out, uptight, workaholic. Lawrence being a passive puppy dog. And Issa suffering insecurity and blaming everything and every one for HER personal shortcomings. Now the last two episodes are starting to show an about face for all three of them.

Lawrence made the decision to move back to LA (which I called last week) to be a more present and active father to his son.

Molly finally accepted help from someone other than her shrink and Issa. And in so doing may have found the romantic equal she’s been longing for for YEARS. The irony of it being he was right in front in her the last three seasons.

Issa is slowly dawning to the realization that she’s the architect of many of her own problems. SHE’s the one who cheated on Lawrence, which caused the whole series of events that ultimately led him to Condola. SHE’s the one who decided to friendzone Nathan for up to a YEAR, and then send him mixed messages, and THEN say she wants to be with him, and THEN tells him she loves him after only a few weeks of dating. Issa created that mess. Now SHE has to clean it up.

Overall this was pretty much a perfect episode. Great use of humor, great character interactions, soundtrack on point, and the cinematography continues to be the best on television.

10/10
Spot on....
Maybe I’m reaching, but isn’t the way she ignored how Nathan was feeling and what he was going through to make it about her self reminiscent of what she did to Lawrence in Season 1?
You know what. You might be onto something.. That broad is all about herself.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I call it a successful ep (second best of the szn imo) because I was still wanting more at the end instead of finding faults, but I was literally getting warmed up to the ep when it ended, so forgetting this shyt is short, my reaction was “:dahell: this is it?”

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Spot on....
You know what. You might be onto something.. That broad is all about herself.

Yeah. Having Condola show up in a dream and say "Own your choices" was the sign for those that might not have seen it so far.

As off as this season has been so far, it at least has a trend of finality by asking a lot of the characters to actually address the root issues of all their problems.

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Naw not just you. Thing is this season been so beyond trash that anything decent seems great. Eddie Murphy 'Raw' saltine cracker joke in episode form. This season following the normal trajectory it always does. Horrible first half of the season to build to a decent finale. Hate they couldn't put more effort into the beginning of the end but eh. Maybe this is where it picks up.