Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
If the series ended after season 2, it would have been up there with one of my favorite HBO series.... the quality nosedived around S3 and has really hit the floor this season. I'm thisclose to checking out.
Last season was pretty good. At least the Laurence and Issa rekindle episode… one of the greatest episodes of television ever imo

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Solid episode. It Showed Molly that you dont have that much time she thinks she has and that things she think are important isnt.

Issa seeing Condola holding that beautiful baby hurt the fukk out of her. And when Lawrence stood up she look like she wanted to die. That said that whole scene confirms that Condola had that baby to keep Lawrence away from Issa.

For the life of me I dont understand why we need more Nathan and Issa. Should have had more lawrence air time in it. Especially since next week is the last one!

how’d you get that?

Edit: nvm… I’m not arguing with you again…

I agree on Nathan tho. I get they’re fleshing his character out but it’s not a character we ever really cared for or about. He ghosted Issa, she found out later it was because he was bipolar and moved on as we collectively shrugged as a viewership. He’s not that great of an actor for all this attention. It’s so bizarre… it’s not like they couldn’t just spend more time on Kelly and Tiffany either, so the idea that they were spread thin for available story doesn’t even track.

Last edited:

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
This episode wasn't that bad
Mama getting sick is some heart wrenching shyt to deal with
But can someone explain why Issa broke up with Lawrence in Ep 1
Now she making puppy dog eyes at him doing Daddy stuff with his baby
nikka went back to a cheating broad and still got told It's not you, it's me lol
Issa stay in a constant state of confusion

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This episode wasn't bad. The previous episode wasn't good though, because it felt the rekindling of Issa & Nathan felt forced. This episode is much better in terms of foreshadowing. With Issa and Nathan, Nathan knows that Issa doesn't really know WTF she wants, but Issa keeps throwing mixed signals like she wants to keep it slow, but on the flipside said to that nikka that she loves him, knowing deep down it isn't genuine. And you can tell the difference of genuine love when she's with Molly (not talking about intimately, but just actual love). Then her seeing Lawrence just signs of her not fully over what they had knowing that breaking it off for the exact reason she's just witnessing was the right call.

Then there's Molly, who started off good showing growth and change and reinventing herself to be a better version of self, only to slowly revert back to who she was in past. A lot of it mainly due to her mother getting a stroke, now she's trying to do too much and taking on everything and assuming she can handle it, and I sense it'll going to completely collapse.

Nathan is the most passive aggressive character I've ever watched on TV. I never vibed with him. At times, he really need to be straight up with Issa, but he's terrible in communicating his true feelings and expressing himself. I dunno if it's due to his mental disorder or if that's an excuse to just being such an introvert. But that relationship is going to go up in flames.

This season is fine, it's keeping track to how ALL the seasons been, a slow climb with the little pieces here and there only to come together close by the end. My main issue with THIS season is that it is THE LAST SEASON and we're already passed the midway point and do not see any end game in sight. It plays as if they're expecting another season rather it being a series conclusion.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Yeah. Love life season 2 is where it’s at :blessed:

Just finished it. Everybody in here clamoring for more Lawrence centered episodes would enjoy it.

Word...my dog Marcus held it down. :salute:

Definitely a good change of pace from this season of Insecure

Yup. Been saying that the entire time. Love life season 2 is light years ahead of this season of insecure. At this point I'm watching insecure only out of obligation to see how it ends.

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
Yup. Been saying that the entire time. Love life season 2 is light years ahead of this season of insecure. At this point I'm watching insecure only out of obligation to see how it ends.
Compare season 2 of a show to season 5 of a show brehs.
act like insecure season 2 wasn’t flamesssss. Longevity and quality is always the difficulty in any show to continue dominance.