Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is gonna be a reach, but stay with me: If this is true, the scenario kinda reminds me of the rush job for Game of Thrones.
The show runners wanted to move on to "bigger and better" and screwed up the last season.

But does Issa really have bigger and better on the horizon? Gonna be honest here but everything I've checked from her outside of this show hasn't been that good.

Same. The romance movie with LaKeith Stanfield was ass, the Big remake with Regina Hall was meh, the movie with Kumal was meh, the Black Lady Sketch Show is meh

Insecure is the only thing I've enjoyed from her and they're limping to the finish line

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
They love the “Black woman supporting the family financially” or being the “anchor” of the family angle

:jbhmm:

Last edited:

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
Another :russell: episode

Put a flat top on this season. It’s over

Yup. It’s sorta like when everyone is asking for a certain project and the “artist” makes trash /
Mediocre on purpose so the audience doesn’t ask for another season / album / project.

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
I “get” what they’re going for with displaying the growth with Issa/Molly/Nathan and how in one swoop you can go back to square one (Lawrence scene).

The shyt is just not interesting :yeshrug:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
This episode was much better than last weeks at least. The Nathan and Issa stuff towards the end seemed more believable this time. But they’re still forcing jokes and the plot isn’t really moving all that much. I do appreciate what they had to say with Molly’s mom being sick and nobody knowing.

Doesn’t look like we’re getting a Lawrence episode next week either.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Terrible swan song this season is. I fell asleep on last night’s episode so I gotta run it back. But the wrong patient joke was ass

If the series ended after season 2, it would have been up there with one of my favorite HBO series.... the quality nosedived around S3 and has really hit the floor this season. I'm thisclose to checking out.