Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
This episode confirms that they definitely should have ended on a high note last season.
Last season was getting the same criticisms as this season early in the season. I remember folks HATING it and bytching nonstop until somewhere in the middle. Hopefully this season has the same trajectory.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Solid episode. It Showed Molly that you dont have that much time she thinks she has and that things she think are important isnt.

Issa seeing Condola holding that beautiful baby hurt the fukk out of her. And when Lawrence stood up she look like she wanted to die. That said that whole scene confirms that Condola had that baby to keep Lawrence away from Issa.

For the life of me I dont understand why we need more Nathan and Issa. Should have had more lawrence air time in it. Especially since next week is the last one!

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
Solid episode. It Showed Molly that you dont have that much time she thinks she has and that things she think are important isnt.

Issa seeing Condola holding that beautiful baby hurt the fukk out of her. And when Lawrence stood up she look like she wanted to die. That said that whole scene confirms that Condola had that baby to keep Lawrence away from Issa.

For the life of me I dont understand why we need more Nathan and Issa. Should have had more lawrence air time in it. Especially since next week is the last one!
What a waste :snoop:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Last season was getting the same criticisms as this season early in the season. I remember folks HATING it and bytching nonstop until somewhere in the middle. Hopefully this season has the same trajectory.

My opinion is mine and mine alone :heh: I enjoyed last season and it was actually fun watching and commenting on it. Everybody wasn’t loving every moment of every episode but by this point last season we had the Lawrence thanksgiving episode and Molly/Issa’s huge blow up which were major events. It was definitely better overall at the same point in the season than now.

This season is just different to me. I don’t think it’s trash by any measure but it just feels off. I really hope it does pick up steam in the back half though because they only have 1 noteworthy episode so far.

Last edited:

Jaylen Tatum

Superstar
Daps

Last what? It's 10 episodes

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The discussions from the 5 minute Wind Down sessions give more depth to the themes than the show does at times.

I guess we were supposed to make something out of Issa slipping up and telling Nathan she loves him and him not responding the same back. I didn't even really care about that until I saw them talking about it in the recap discussion
:pachaha:

This has been my least favorite season thus far. Best episode to me was Lawrence's so far.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
'Love Life' season 2 is basically the Lawrence spinoff you all want.
(But with better acting and writing)
I see this on there, do I have to watch Season 1 for it to make sense? Or can I just watch Season 2? Does the story stand on it's own or nah?

Jaylen Tatum

Superstar
Daps
The discussions from the 5 minute Wind Down sessions give more depth to the themes than the show does at times.

I guess we were supposed to make something out of Issa slipping up and telling Nathan she loves him and him not responding the same back. I didn't even really care about that until I saw them talking about it in the recap discussion
:pachaha:

This has been my least favorite season thus far. Best episode to me was Lawrence's so far.
He didn't say it back but he stared lovingly into her eyes and kissed her.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Episode 5 was the second best episode of the season objectively stating but personally its my favorite. They continue to do a HELL of a good job humanizing Nathan. This was the second straight episode I felt like he was an actual three dimensional character and not just some road block to Lawrence/Issa getting back together (which they WILL)

Molly going through the shyt with her mom and them keeping her health issues a secret is soooooo relatable. Black families do that shyt all the time, trying to shield their children and not wanting people worrying about them. Molly’s reaction was extremely believable.

Maybe its just me. But seeing Malcolm David Kelly and L. Scott Caldwell from Lost play mother and son is wild to me lol. I wonder if they ever reminisce about their time on the show.

Issa in that dress was:noah:. Her husband is a lucky lucky man.

Molly and Issa being fully reconciled is a good move. I was getting tired of them always being at each other’s throats at midpoints of the previous seasons.

That ending with Lawrence and Condola in the hospital was predictable but still a nice touch that was executed VERY well. The acting in that scene between Issa and Lawrence was excellent. I just KNOW Black Twitter gonna have it out for Condola’s ass this week:russ:.

I’ma feel bad for Nathan when Issa inevitably breaks his heart and gets back with Lawrence. She even told him she loved him. She gonna SHATTER ole boy’s soul I can see it coming a mile away.

So i’m guessing that the final scene is confirmation that Lawrence quit his job and moved back to LA as a compromise for Condola. He was only flying down on the weekends and it was established that this was a weekday.