Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This last episode was kind of flat to me EXCEPT for the ending with Nathan. This is the first time since he was introduced that I actually gave a damn about his character. That conversation with his cousin and then telling Issa that he wanted everyone to see that he had changed for the better was some REAL shyt. Also the cinematography continues to be A1. That last shot with Nathan and Issa kissing was incredible.

The creashawn shyt is annoying and not fleshed out well. Yes I know what their going for but its just not that interesting.

Molly going through her shyt feels like season 1-2 Molly. There’s little to no growth in her character and I don’t get it. Of all the characters you’d expect Molly by THIS point to have her shyt together, and just stringing her development along for drama is getting boring. I said before that her character needs to hook up with the bald headed lawyer that works at her firm and it would be an interesting story line to see her actually with a black man that matches her intelligence and stature.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
This last episode was kind of flat to me EXCEPT for the ending with Nathan. This is the first time since he was introduced that I actually gave a damn about his character. That conversation with his cousin and then telling Issa that he wanted everyone to see that he had changed for the better was some REAL shyt. Also the cinematography continues to be A1. That last shot with Nathan and Issa kissing was incredible.

The creashawn shyt is annoying and not fleshed out well. Yes I know what their going for but its just not that interesting.

Molly going through her shyt feels like season 1-2 Molly. There’s little to no growth in her character and I don’t get it. Of all the characters you’d expect Molly by THIS point to have her shyt together, and just stringing her development along for drama is getting boring. I said before that her character needs to hook up with the bald headed lawyer that works at her firm and it would be an interesting story line to see her actually with a black man that matches her intelligence and stature.

Co-sign ALL of this.

My major issue with the writing this season (except for is the Lawrence episode) is everything feels like it was thrown together as an afterthought which undermines the quality of what they’re putting out. The pacing is completely off.

I’d have a lot more sympathy if they weren’t aware that this was the last season and they were setting stuff up for down the line, but they’ve known this was the end of the road at least since season 4 and now there are more holes to fill than episodes left to fill them.

Last edited:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
EXCEPT for the ending with Nathan. This is the first time since he was introduced that I actually gave a damn about his character. That conversation with his cousin and then telling Issa that he wanted everyone to see that he had changed for the better was some REAL shyt.

Yep. I felt this gave us so many answers to Nathan and why he is the way he is. He’s clearly still hurt from people turning their backs on him

Cowboyz89

#WeDemBoyz Season Has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Fukk Trump
Consequence was really wildin during the Lawerence episode.
He was doing everything possible and she was willing to have the baby settle for less just to make him look bad.

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russell: Another mid episode.

Everything’s already been said - the characters are in their mid 30s but still acting like their 20 somethings with no actual growth. Issa still going back to her exes, Molly still looking for randoms to fukk, Her friends are just there. The show has to end now but I have a feeling it’s gonna get nuked on some Game of Thrones shyt. They gonna botch the fukk out of the last few episodes without properly tying up storylines and the show is going to feel incomplete. There’s just too much to pack in the next 5-6 episodes for this season to turn it around.

The show is still beautifully shot, some of the best cinematography on television but the music, long cuts of shots, it’s taking away from the story - hell - there is no story this season. You can tell they’re all just over it :francis:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
It is kind of crazy how we all collectively agree that something is off.

Were they rushed into producing the next season right after the first season ended??

I've felt for a long time that Issa wants to be done with this show so she can move on to different projects. She just signed that big production deal with WarnerMedia... I don't think Insecure was a huge priority(plus you gotta throw the pandemic into it).

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've felt for a long time that Issa wants to be done with this show so she can move on to different projects. She just signed that big production deal with WarnerMedia... I don't think Insecure was a huge priority(plus you gotta throw the pandemic into it).
This is gonna be a reach, but stay with me: If this is true, the scenario kinda reminds me of the rush job for Game of Thrones.
The show runners wanted to move on to "bigger and better" and screwed up the last season.

But does Issa really have bigger and better on the horizon? Gonna be honest here but everything I've checked from her outside of this show hasn't been that good.

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
They mailed this season in. Even the jokes aren’t funny anymore. Whole Jason Derulo bit was cringe. Issa and Nathan getting back together has no weight to it at all. I’m legit disappointed. And I absolutely don’t care about Crenshawn
I was :dahell:the whole time with that bit. Is it some sort of Internet meme or something? I really didn't get the punchline.

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
I'm halfway through Yvonne Orji and Issa just don't have range when it comes to acting. :why: