Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
The writing and pace is off this season. It’s just weird as hell.
They mailed this season in. Even the jokes aren’t funny anymore. Whole Jason Derulo bit was cringe. Issa and Nathan getting back together has no weight to it at all. I’m legit disappointed. And I absolutely don’t care about Crenshawn

Last edited:

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
'Love Life' season 2 is basically the Lawrence spinoff you all want.
(But with better acting and writing)

I don't buy that the whole group would have went dead silent when she made the leaf/root analogy about Nathan. Everyone there was saying dumb goofy shyt. Her comment was perfectly in line with the flow of the conversation yet everyone acted like she said some wtf shyt. I'm sitting there like what is supposed to be so awkward about what she said? :dahell:
I actually didn't realize I was irked by that scene until you brought it up. I'm thinking: "why would anyone want to hang with y'all if you're gonna make me feel awkward off of some benign ass statement like that?"

One of the things I enjoy the most about the show is the vibes between the friends. I'm willing to suspend my disbelief in people's reactions if the awkwardness is actually funny (like The Office). But in this episode there were several times when Issa shoulda just been like "I'm gonna head home. Have fun y'all"

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
I doubt that spin-off is happening. Once this is over, it’s over. Issa isn’t putting that energy into a spin-off.

Jay Ellis may be tired of the character too. Plus he’s prepping for Top Gun Maverick.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
They mailed this season in. Even the jokes aren’t funny anymore. Whole Jason Derulo bit was cringe. Issa and Nathan getting back together has no weight to it at all. I’m legit disappointed. And I absolutely don’t care about Crenshawn
Agreee. Issa got 60 Ms or some shyt. She don’t care lol

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Girls also did the same.. you became more invested in what Adam and Ray's journey's were.

this is a pretty good comparison I never thought about. All of the women on Girls were insufferable and the dudes were the only ones who seemed to have any signs of growth.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I doubt that spin-off is happening. Once this is over, it’s over. Issa isn’t putting that energy into a spin-off.

Jay Ellis may be tired of the character too. Plus he’s prepping for Top Gun Maverick.

There definitely won’t be a Lawrence spin off. That’s just wishful thinking from nikkas. I actually don’t even want s Lawrence spin-off. He just needs more time on this show. Especially if the other storylines aren’t interesting

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Man this show fell off a cliff hard. Molly new haircut is horrible. The jokes aren't funny. nikkas took too long to flesh out Nathan's character. Nobody even care about this nikka no more. The chemistry is lacking in a lot of scenes. So many interactions seemed forced.

Only highlights so far have been Kelli, the Lawerence episode, and Ayona the artist fine ass elevating from Big Jah and Minks skits to having a spot on the show. Everything else been a wash.

Music and cinematography is still decent tho.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Ryan Davis is funny but they had him saying some corny shyt this episode. I wish he would’ve wrote his own character or just played himself.

dude came off awkward as hell. Lol man Atlanta need to come back. Insecure would be better trying tk be a drama first with comedic elements than the other way around

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
This is the last season, we should be getting more from the characters. Why is Nathan a full on focus now? We already knew about his issues, why are they revisiting it? Probably setting him up to be the focal now with Issa.

I thought it would be revealed he smashed the cousin's girl at some point with the way she was nagging him. That would've been a better storyline.

Resha was heavenly :wow:

The chemistry between Resha and Kelli was perfect. Need more of that

Lawrence episode was easily the best out of all of those so far this season.

Lawrence and Issa>>>> Issa and Nathan

Hell Daniel and Issa>>>> Issa and Nathan

Issa TSA Bae >>> Issa and Nathan :pachaha:

I absolutely hate to say it but this shyt is terrible. It’s not even worth elaborating on in depth at this point but I hate to see one of my favorite shows of the last few years go out like this. They could have added 2 more episodes to the back end of last season and had a series finale last year.

Last edited: