Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
had to catch up on season three. no wonder it was a shorter season.
it was terrible and seemed like they had no real direction and came up with it on the fly because they had to give HBO a season.

anyway to four. I enjoyed this season. its the season I've liked the most since the first.
they hit a stride in the last four..especially the Molly/Andrew and the Lawrence/Issa focused episodes.

was glad to see Molly/Issa's tension coming to a head and them falling out.
as a duo I found them annoying together and would kind of zone out when they'd be keekeeing.

Andrew proves it's not hard to write likeable male characters.
just him being a balanced human being gave them the platform to go any direction they wanted with Molly.

on the other hand Condola I felt was handled quite poorly.

I don't know but I was thinking they shouldn't have had Lawrence and Issa fukkin again. it would've been fine with them being on the cusp of getting back together and as they were making plans with Lawrences job etc, that bombshell gets dropped in the lap. felt like it was to give Issa a little win over Condola and to make the pregnancy announcement a little more dramatic.

fat TSA dude was in like 6 maybe 7 scenes total and he had more about him than every other minor male character in the show that isn't the blood from Issa and Lawrences old apartment complex and maybe the bisexual guy who's character they could have did more with.

speaking of minor/side characters. I'm glad they gave son with the glasses something to do this season.
they had to put it on him because Amanda Seales wouldn't have been able to pull off anything emotional or heavy.

music selection is perfect, also...give Kelly more to do.

looking forward to next season.