Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
I think the therapist had Molly convinced she needed to try to be better but then she walked out and got the voicemail from Issa and it all went out the window. She had a false sense of vindication that she was right all along and it lead directly to her regression.

I did like that she tried to appease Andrew at the end of the episode by attempting to entertain Issa, but then she fukked up and sent the text to the wrong person, but I think she wanted Andrew to be proud of her.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I feel like Molly should have never went to brunch if she wasn't gonna mention what been eating at her. I mean she was the one that started the argument at the block party. I'm sure if she would have just apologized for that, Issa would have acknowledged that she was being flaky during the beginning of the season. I mean her and Lawrence were able to talk it out a bit and see where each other was coming from. It takes 2 people to reconcile.

Molly sounded like she wanted to be wined and dined, red carpet roll out, with begging on top of that, just in order to be cool with Issa, but if that were to happen, Issa would be basically agreeing that everything went sour between them because of her when in reality, both were the cause of it. Her paying for the meal and mentioning all the times Molly did it was also another attempt to recognize her past faults. Molly was given openings, but she ain't take em. She don't wanna a friendship. She wanna be worshiped

Daps
I did like that she tried to appease Andrew at the end of the episode by attempting to entertain Issa, but then she fukked up and sent the text to the wrong person, but I think she wanted Andrew to be proud of her.

Ehh, was she trying tho? I think that’s the point. She wasn’t. Andrew suggested that she meet Issa halfway and actually try to address the fissure.

He immediately called her out for having a shallow brunch, so why would a shallow dinner “make Andrew proud”???

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Ehh, was she trying tho? I think that’s the point. She wasn’t. Andrew suggested that she meet Issa halfway and actually try to address the fissure.

He immediately called her out for having a shallow brunch, so why would a shallow dinner “make Andrew proud”???

In her head it would which is why she was sending the text. To be fair she could have just let Nathan and Issa get what they came for and leave, but she got a nudge from Andrew and she complied, and dinner turned into all of them chilling, so in her eyes she was doing something Andrew wanted her to do.

bubba scotch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've noticed, in real life, a lot of grown adults like to use time and space as a method of forgiveness. Passive people that don't want to address real issues head on and would prefer to just get over it over time and then continue on with the relationship as if nothing happened. So I don't really find it odd people in this thread expected Molly to be ok with just hanging and chilling with Issa as if nothing was wrong. That is what people do these days. I say it again, a lot of people like Issa, because they are like Issa.

I can cosign this perspective however it doesn't apply to Molly at all. Not only did she not bring it up with Issa at brunch, she was also planning to avoid everybody she had a problem with til she died :dead:.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
I can cosign this perspective however it doesn't apply to Molly at all. Not only did she not bring it up with Issa at brunch, she was also planning to avoid everybody she had a problem with til she died :dead:.
The problem is when doesn't Molly have a problem. And when it comes to those two Issa is usually the one to apologize.

But Issa didn't really have anything to apologize for this time. If anything Molly should have apologized for trying to check Issa at her event.