Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I can't disagree and I'm glad it didn't go that way, as terrible as Molly might seem, there's clearly a lot going on under the surface that explains her behaviors in her relationships. Andrew seems to be aware and sensitive to this which is why although he's visibly frustrated by her a lot, he doesn't blow up and continues to love on her but there's only so much a partner in a relationship like that can do. She needs professional help and she's finally seeking it out again.

One of my favorite parts of the episode is Andrew sharing with Molly why Nathan ghosted Issa, it's not something he had to do but the context clearly reshaped Molly's entire view of the situation and in her self reflection she realized that she needs to address her own mental health issues before they jeopardize her relationship with Andrew.
Yep. I posted something similar in another Insecure episode thread:

I appreciate how Issa and Co. have written and shown how mental health is important and nothing to be ashamed of.
I dug the Nathan reveal and how Molly reached out to her therapist.

I know a lot of folks on here and the interwebs hate Lawrence but his depression was touched on briefly in Season 1 but not really explored. His mental health was one of the factors that contributed to the demise of his and Issa's relationship. Molly's MH will also destroy her relationships if she doesn't get the help that she needs.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
What are the songs when they’re laying in bed after the fight (sounds like this chick Niia but I don’t remember a track from her like that) and the song when she’s calling her doctor?
Dammit, coli snopes, get on it!

edit: see someone hit me with one of the tracks

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
There’s DEFINITELY going to be a twist with this Lawrence/Issa “reveal”. Either he got back with Condola, he’s moving to San Francisco or SOMETHING. Because I feel like them getting back together AFTER Issa said out loud LAST season that she had moved on from him is just too soon. It makes Lawrence look reactionary and Issa look kind of desperate.

I’m not saying I don’t ever want Issa and Lawrence to be back together again. It just needs to be under more stable and mature circumstances
It may be too predictable, but I think he was gonna talk about his feelings for her, but before he does, she’s a gonna drop something about her and Nate being together. That facial reaction he had says she drops some news on him that takes him by surprise. But again, that could be too predictable

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Molly is insufferable.

Yup. Know plenty of women like this. They're successful but not good people inside. Usually have deep rooted issues that they haven't addressed.

Funny enough, they usually can only successfully date a guy that's a pushover or completely ignores their behavior. Couldn't be me tho.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Yup. Know plenty of women like this. They're successful but not good people inside. Usually have deep rooted issues that they haven't addressed.

Funny enough, they usually can only successfully date a guy that's a pushover or completely ignores their behavior. Couldn't be me tho.
You are correct sir. My Ex was like her. shyt was the worst. I’m looking at Andrew and I see a reflection of myself. Episode hit home for me.

Daps
I woulda been mad at the towel hut also, like really, where the fukk is a key supposed to be when I just got out the damn pool. :beli: But I wouldn’t have made it an awkward argument with the whole crew :whoa:

It’s funny how this is being spun as Molly making it the awkward moment. The wannabe CaC made it an awkward moment by spewing his unsolicited nonsense in the pool. Folks shytting in Molly cuz she didn’t react to racism in the pristine manner they think she should have instead of shytting on the agents of that racism and its ardent defenders.

Let’s recap, Molly was pissed at the towel hut but she hardly caused a scene. She had words with the towel nazi, but once the bro got the towel for her (which was actually for his wife!), she just snatched towel as one last “F you” and returned to the pool. She didn’t go overboard by still demanding that the towel nazi answer for her blatant racism and explain why she was asking for her card and not asking the same of other, white guests. I don’t see why anyone has a problem with her actions at the hut itself. I’ll never chide a Black person for calling out blatant racism.

Back at the pool, she’s upset by the ordeal, so naturally she’s seeking consolation from her significant other. Then this captain-save-a-CaC butts in with this “well maybe she was just doing her job” bullshyt. And this is important, he uses that same patronizing “let me play Devil’s Advocate here” phrase that he used earlier in the episode when it was clear he was just expressing his own views and dismissing their feelings of being tired after the flight to try to get them to do what he wanted. He was just as dismissive in the pool. And you can tell cuz he didn’t actually address Molly’s claims. Molly specifically stated that she watched the towel nazi give white folks a towel without seeing a card, and the wannabe CaC’s retort was still that “she was just doing her job” instead of pointing out that it’s possible that those white guests had been to the hut before so she remembered them; nope he was just blindly defending racism. fukk him. Then he pivots to start blaming Molly (and lets be honest, he was expressing his already established feelings about all black folk who complain about racism here) for how she “lets” racism affect her. I refuse to be lectured on how to handle racism by a non-black person, especially one who literally just tried to dismiss the actual occurrence of the racist act just a second ago! So again, fukk that dude.

Molly was absolutely right to call him on that bullshyt. She overstepped by making it about all Asians, but she was tight so it’s understandable that she wasn’t her most articulate nuanced self. Of all the parties involved (Molly, the towel nazi, and the wannabe CaC), Molly’s transgressions were by far the most forgivable.

So-Chi

Colfax to the burbs'
Daps
Reppin
goons in the cut tryna talk you out yo necklace
Molly skin was on point :wow:

Her weave game was good too...I'm usually not a fan of it smh, but it was ok this EP

Enjoyed this EP.

I think Nathan is smashing Issa or will after he comes clean about why he ghosted her, Lawrence about to catch the L again:francis:

I miss Codova
:picard: Y’all feeling Molly? Amazing skin and mouth but bony as hell..not to mention she must be a skilled actress because I hate the character so much the PERSON pisses me off