Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Y'all calling Andrew a c00n in here :beli: when all he's done is be a good bf to Molly :why:

I woulda been mad at the towel hut also, like really, where the fukk is a key supposed to be when I just got out the damn pool. :beli: But I wouldn’t have made it an awkward argument with the whole crew :whoa:
She could've let it go by saying she didn't want to talk about when they got back to the pool but :francis:

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Lemme just say... I feel like Molly was tripping with the towel shyt. :hubie:
Me too. I’ve been on vacations and I know how that shyt go. Even if she felt that way just go get the damn key card. You don’t need to be getting locked up for doing something stupid in another country.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Y'all calling Andrew a c00n in here :beli: when all he's done is be a good bf to Molly :why:

She could've let it go by saying she didn't want to talk about when they got back to the pool but :francis:

Y'all missing all of the carefully laid nuance of this episode which was centered around Molly's mental health. "Letting things go" isn't healthy for anyone, especially someone who's already on the edge of a break.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
How Molly hasn’t been dumped yet is nothing short of a miracle. If Molly was Asian & Andrew was black, that whole blow up would’ve been the end of the relationship.

I can't disagree and I'm glad it didn't go that way, as terrible as Molly might seem, there's clearly a lot going on under the surface that explains her behaviors in her relationships. Andrew seems to be aware and sensitive to this which is why although he's visibly frustrated by her a lot, he doesn't blow up and continues to love on her but there's only so much a partner in a relationship like that can do. She needs professional help and she's finally seeking it out again.

One of my favorite parts of the episode is Andrew sharing with Molly why Nathan ghosted Issa, it's not something he had to do but the context clearly reshaped Molly's entire view of the situation and in her self reflection she realized that she needs to address her own mental health issues before they jeopardize her relationship with Andrew.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

She’s a whole ass lawyer. I was watching that scene waiting for her to eat his ass up and she just got emotional and took it too far.

I’m black but I’m also team “why give them that power”. Throwing a fit like that serves absolutely no purpose. Especially if you’re not willing to leave and take your money from the establishment.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Molly is on track for a "when keeping it real goes wrong" moment. I would've been tight about the towel too but fukk it. Just get the card,get your towel and ask for a manager later if you still feel some way

Facts
You hardly ever win those types of battles during the moment it happens. You usually handle that shyt with management afterwards.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I find it fascinating how much people seem to love one sided relationships. From our point of view, Molly doesn’t really bring anything to Andrews life besides sex and companionship. Am i tripping? He’s constantly holding her down, making sure she’s good physically and emotionally. We never see that on the flip side. But now everyone is like “Andrew and Molly are goals”.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Y'all missing all of the carefully laid nuance of this episode which was centered around Molly's mental health. "Letting things go" isn't healthy for anyone, especially someone who's already on the edge of a break.
I took it the exact opposite way. Not letting things go is why her mental health is fukked up. Everybody I know that struggles with mental health are those that hold on to every slight and flip out about everything that angers them which eventually takes its toll.

I personally can't travel with anybody who can't let it go. On every trip some bullshyt goes down. I'm there to relax and refuse to let anything bring me down from that high. Plus we never know the whole situation. When I've stayed at resorts on the first day or two I've been pressed for the key card or proof that I'm staying there. Then after that the workers know my face and I'd never have to show it again. For all we know in that situation that couple ahead of her in line could've already been there a few days. My point being blowing up and getting all pissed off and then raising everybody's anxiety's levels ain't changing shyt in the situation so why blow it up.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I find it fascinating how much people seem to love one sided relationships. From our point of view, Molly doesn’t really bring anything to Andrews life besides sex and companionship. Am i tripping? He’s constantly holding her down, making sure she’s good physically and emotionally. We never see that on the flip side. But now everyone is like “Andrew and Molly are goals”.
It's the culture of men needing to "earn" a woman while a woman basically has to just show up. In many's eyes a man should be there physically, mentally, and financially while working around the woman's flaws while a woman is expected to just show up, especially if they're attractive. I've said the same thing about how Issa has been portrayed in the show. What about either of them screams wife material?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Just finished the episode and they actually went THERE:leon:

Molly calling out the Asians on their bullshyt:salute:

This was actually a pretty good episode! I really don’t have any problems with how Andrew handled the situation. He told defended Molly and told his brother to chill with the bullshyt.

All in all this was one of the more enjoyable episodes of the season

Last edited: