Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Issa would have got the Full House reference :sas2:

I think that was sort of the point. Last episode Issa had a line that I can’t quite remember that Molly would have picked up on instantly. I think the show is subtly showing the similarities between the two because this season has gone to such lengths highlighting the differences.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
There’s DEFINITELY going to be a twist with this Lawrence/Issa “reveal”. Either he got back with Condola, he’s moving to San Francisco or SOMETHING. Because I feel like them getting back together AFTER Issa said out loud LAST season that she had moved on from him is just too soon. It makes Lawrence look reactionary and Issa look kind of desperate.

I’m not saying I don’t ever want Issa and Lawrence to be back together again. It just needs to be under more stable and mature circumstances

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Naw son. If I just seen a yt cat get towels with no questions asked then she better do the same with me. And dude brother trying to tell a black woman how she should feel about being mistreated is straight bullshyt she should have told him to mind his own chopsticks.

She wasn't in America. Just go get the keycard and take it up with a manager later. You're at a resort, they'll comp you. Arguing with the attendant was a waste of energy breh. Plus it gave her negative energy she brought back to the pool.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
What are the songs when they’re laying in bed after the fight (sounds like this chick Niia but I don’t remember a track from her like that) and the song when she’s calling her doctor?
Looks like an unreleased track from Kirby. Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Here's the other track though

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
There’s DEFINITELY going to be a twist with this Lawrence/Issa “reveal”. Either he got back with Condola, he’s moving to San Francisco or SOMETHING. Because I feel like them getting back together AFTER Issa said out loud LAST season that she had moved on from him is just too soon. It makes Lawrence look reactionary and Issa look kind of desperate.

I’m not saying I don’t ever want Issa and Lawrence to be back together again.
It just needs to be under more stable and mature circumstances

I honestly hope the show never brings them back together again as a couple. It would be a great lesson to teach young folks about moving on.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Really loved the episodes, from the larger social themes/issues, and the smaller moments, which mostly defined the episode.

*The "Looking for Laytoya" moment really reminded me of travel, and watching a few moments of TV in spanish in some luxury hotel thousands of miles from home, can be an odd feeling. Very much related

*The pool/towels moment, and the ugliness of the "devils advocate", argument, that many use in bad faith, I don't think the brother was all wrong or all right, any more than Molly, both were somewhat out of line on a family trip

*I liked they set up that "devils advocate" line, when it shows he is bad at boundaries.

*The show leaves it somewhat ambiguous as to what actually transpired? or am I mistaken? Kind of like real life, you may never know, which is all the more infuriating

*Also a young girl working the towel line at a resort in Jalisco is not exactly a privileged person in any sense of the word

*Locales brought back memories of my own trip, to PV and Punta Mita, in 2018. That sunset when she called her therapist was very familiar. I remember sitting on a similar beach and trying to unwind in the dark when I touched down too.

*didn't quite get why Molly was so awkward with Lawerence

*Andrew really is portrayed as a great communicator, emotionally, and a real sense of stability for Molly. Refreshing to see.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
*didn't quite get why Molly was so awkward with Lawerence

Molly's still confused about how to feel about Lawrence.

As shown by her trying to shyt on Nathan to Andrew's face (like they aren't roommates or anything), she doesn't like people she perceives as having wronged Issa.

You could look at it as another example of her not being able to let things go. Issa clearly seems to at least be open to the idea of friendship with those two, but Molly isn't.

Low key, even though she's been awful to nearly everyone around her, Molly's storyline has been great. It's shining a light on how living with anger can eat at you, and effect those around you, while you're completely blind to it. What's funny is that one of her in episode plots was built around her being effected by her co-worker still being mad at her.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I find it fascinating how much people seem to love one sided relationships. From our point of view, Molly doesn’t really bring anything to Andrews life besides sex and companionship. Am i tripping? He’s constantly holding her down, making sure she’s good physically and emotionally. We never see that on the flip side. But now everyone is like “Andrew and Molly are goals”.
Molly a weak chick. Not anywhere near the headaches she causes. At this point, you gotta question a dude that put up with kind of shyt from somebody like her. :yeshrug:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
Molly a weak chick. Not anywhere near the headaches she causes. At this point, you gotta question a dude that put up with kind of shyt from somebody like her. :yeshrug:
Fam. She tried to fight her best friend at her block party, she cursed his brother out on vacay and some other fuccshyt I can't recall...the pvssy can't be that good

Last edited: