Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Daps
I'm seeing a lot of anti-Molly sentiment here and while she's generally an unlikeable character, Issa is fukked up for going behind her back AFTER Molly made it explicitly clear that she wanted to set boundaries and wasn't gonna ask her boyfriend to help her. There's no excusing that shyt at all.

how did she go behind Molly’s back? Molly said she wouldn’t do the favor. Issa didn’t press her. I get that that’s Molly’s man, but he has other relationships aside from her.

Molly’s argument is “how dare you ask someone else to do you the favor I wouldn’t do for you”

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I'm seeing a lot of anti-Molly sentiment here and while she's generally an unlikeable character, Issa is fukked up for going behind her back AFTER Molly made it explicitly clear that she wanted to set boundaries and wasn't gonna ask her boyfriend to help her. There's no excusing that shyt at all.
If you ain’t my nikka, you ain’t my nikka. You don’t get the “my nikka” benefit package. :camby:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
They need to kill this Molly character off already
CDhp.gif

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
how did she go behind Molly’s back? Molly said she wouldn’t do the favor. Issa didn’t press her. I get that that’s Molly’s man, but he has other relationships aside from her.

Molly’s argument is “how dare you ask someone else to do you the favor I wouldn’t do for you
thats exactly what it is!

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
i wouldn’t go that far. But, Molly was completely out of line. She didn’t want to help Issa and Issa found someone who would. That’s the beginning, middle, and end.

it’s almost kind Molly wanted Issa to fail so that she could continue to look down on her.
Molly definitely has a superiority complex. It’s why she’s been single, it’s why she isn’t happy. Her pushing this “you always need favors” bullshyt has already been called out. She ain’t did Issa no real favors and Issa ain’t asked for any real favors. One could argue that asking Andrew to put a word in for her isn’t even a favor she’s asking of Molly, especially since she clearly could do it without needing Molly at all. This notion of Issa ain’t shyt is funny because the only thing that saves Molly from being seen as ain’t shyt is her job.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps

Molly’s argument is “how dare you ask someone else to do you the favor I wouldn’t do for you”

That's not the argument at all, she didn't want her boyfriend to be used by Issa, if what Issa did wasn't an issue, then she should have made it clear up front that she was gonna ask him anyway but she didn't. That's a snake move all day long.

What's worse is, Issa played Andrew like a fukking pawn because if he knew that Molly didn't want him assisting her, he wouldn't have called in the favor or pushed to find out why Molly didn't want him to help her, he didn't even have that option. Issa hedged her bet on Andrew not giving the favor a second thought because she's Molly's friend so "why not" and it paid off.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Molly wanted Issa to fail. Dead ass. This wasn’t about Issa going behind her back.
You see it. If we ain’t friends, ain’t no “going behind your back”. I asked you for help, you said fukk off. So I bust my own move. Be mad that your bf been looking at you like :mjpls: as you low key seething.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
If you ain’t my nikka, you ain’t my nikka. You don’t get the “my nikka” benefit package. :camby:

So Molly was her nikka when she asked for the favor but not her nikka after she told her no?

Come on man, yall wildin.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Before this turns into a Molly roasting session :whoa:, can we at least admit it makes for good drama even if it is messy at times :lolbron:

I did like the scene of Molly bringing her food and them about to reconnect before Vince Staples arrived and Issa had to leave. Issa's assistant with the nosebleed driving home :mjlol:

Nathan: Is she okay driving? :picard:

Issa: If I don't pay her, I can't police her :hubie:

Kelly with her fake British accent until the shots broke out :mjgrin:

Amine: What happened to your accent? :dwillhuh:

Kelly: Nikka, I'm from Philly :bryan:

The rain starting to fall right after the fight was a perfect way to close the episode.