Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Where's the hate?
It’s thinly veiled. Look at how anxious you are to jump down on Lawrence (a bm surprise!), without waiting for context... similar to a lot of posts you make in tlr...But let’s not derail this thread :francis:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
It’s thinly veiled. Look at how anxious you are to jump down on Lawrence (a bm surprise!), without waiting for context... similar to a lot of posts you make in tlr...But let’s not derail this thread :francis:

Again, we're in season 4, this is my first episode of Insecure kiddo and my analysis isn't based on a single episode. If you have worthwhile critiques or counter-arguments, feel free to share, otherwise, leave TLR in TLR.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Again, we're in season 4, this is my first episode of Insecure kiddo and my analysis isn't based on a single episode. If you have worthwhile critiques or counter-arguments, feel free to share, otherwise, leave TLR in TLR.
Good luck, Matt.

:francis:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This season is weird. I feel like the episodes themselves are well written yet the season as a whole is weak with not much plot or character development. It’s like the parts are greater than the sum.

ep 3 has been the only strong ep so far...I actually completely forgot I seen ep 4...I was wondering why this thread kept getting bumped lol

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I disagree. Molly's boyfriend was close to breaking up with her it seemed. Timing would be all wrong to transition to a favor at that moment. It'd be one thing if their relationship was strong but it was on shaky ground. Molly wouldn't know how the boyfriend would react to that or if the boyfriend would feel like she was crossing a boundary so why risk it at that moment. Especially since the underlying theme of the season is both of them not really having time for each other. Issa has cancelled on her multiple times and when they do talk they both only want to talk about themselves. So at that point it's a "oh you can call me now that you need something" situation. So I see why Molly wouldn't want to test her relationship with that being the case.

exactly... @ that particular moment it would've looked like she only reconciled w/ him to get a favor done