Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
I hate when people say that the new person is reaping all the benefits of the work they put in on their ex. It might be true in Issa’s situation tho
It isn’t true in her situation. She cheated on him as he was getting his shyt together. That’s on her.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
That conversation Issa n her brother had about Lawrence potential and etc... will be the thot topic of the week.

How you know a nikka got potential, but you still fukk it up cuz it wasn't happening fast enough. :snoop:

Issa was with him for 5 years. Should she have waited for 10 years for him to realize his potential? 15 years? When will you guys realize that long term relationships with roads to nowhere are not what women want...no matter how much you try to force this situationship on us?

How exactly does the question have merit when the answer to the question is pretty dry and simple? That doesn’t make sense to me and reeks of a desperate attempt to get a shot in in an argument you are clearly losing. That would be like asking someone “If your bully had been nice to you would you be their friend?” Or “If your Father hadn’t left you and your family would you be cool with him?” Like just stupid shyt. There’s literally no point to be made whatsoever.

Firstly, it is a legit question. I’ll use myself as an example. My ex & I may have gone through things that became the proverbial straw that broke the camel’s back, but if a new guy asked me the same question, my answer would be “No” without a second thought. Regardless of what happened between my ex & I, the fact remains that we had no business being in a long term relationship due to several other factors. Lawrence couldn’t answer that question with any type of clarity or honesty. You see he’s sniffing back in Issa’s dms after he realizes how his life is spiraling out of control.

You’re focusing so much on Condola’s question that you didn’t even realize the purpose of why she asked it. She was gaslighting & dodging Lawrence’s question. Just like Lawrence, she never answered the question. Neither one of them are being honest with themselves or each other.

Last edited:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
How exactly does the question have merit when the answer to the question is pretty dry and simple? That doesn’t make sense to me and reeks of a desperate attempt to get a shot in in an argument you are clearly losing. That would be like asking someone “If your bully had been nice to you would you be their friend?” Or “If your Father hadn’t left you and your family would you be cool with him?” Like just stupid shyt. There’s literally no point to be made whatsoever.
The answer is never cut and dry. Sometimes people are in what they consider great relationships and cheating ends it. Sometimes the cheating is the straw that broke the camel's back where someone realizes they shouldn't have been with that person in the first place and the cheating is what really opens their eyes about who their partner is as a person. I've been burnt before by dating a woman still in love with an ex even though he cheated so she had that wall up the entire time we were together because she was still stuck on the relationship with the ex. Plus if that ex is still lingering around there is that fear that they are one apology from getting back together if they are still in love with that ex that cheated.

I'm the type that wants all cards on the table so I know what I'm walking in to. Now asking that during an argument to deflect from addressing her own situation was not the right time to ask that. For relationships I've of the mindset that communication is everything including addressing any elephants in the room so we know what kind of baggage we are working around.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Issa was with him for 5 years. Should she have waited for 10 years for him to realize his potential? 15 years? When will you guys realize that long term relationships with roads to nowhere are not what women want...no matter how much you try to force this situationship on us?

Nah my nikka, when will yall ladies realize that nobody is forcing you to wait for a man's potential to peak. You either can rock with the timeline, speed it up, or bounce. Its that simple. But a lot of women create a fourth option which is to be complacent their damn self and lose sight of their own goals. They then wake up 5 years later like Issa biter as fukk about it. Lowkey she gotta take a lil accountability and come to terms with that L. Just like Lawrence would have to come to terms with staying with a chick that cheated because he fell off and became a bum. That shyt works both ways.

Ya'll forget that, Issa leveled up her damn self, after the break up.

Truth of the matter is Lawrence was always above Issa weightclass and she knows it. Especially since he was able to bag the person she looks up to most after he left her. Meanwhile she smashing sloppy ass TSA nikkas for loud packs.

Issa acting like she cultivated Lawrence potential, when all she did was enable his stagnation to the point she got stagnant herself. A chick that is truly on the ball and has a progressive life will not allow a nikka with Lawrence potential to waste 5 years of her life.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
Nah my nikka, when will yall ladies realize that nobody is forcing you to wait for a man's potential to peak. You either can rock with the timeline, speed it up, or bounce. Its that simple. But a lot of women create a fourth option which is to be complacent their damn self and lose sight of their own goals. They then wake up 5 years later like Issa biter as fukk about it. Lowkey she gotta take a lil accountability and come to terms with that L. Just like Lawrence would have to come to terms with staying with a chick that cheated because he fell off and became a bum. That shyt works both ways.

Ya'll forget that, Issa leveled up her damn self, after the break up.

Truth of the matter is Lawrence was always above Issa weightclass and she knows it. Especially since he was able to bag the person she looks up to most after he left her. Meanwhile she smashing sloppy ass TSA nikkas for loud packs.

Issa acting like she cultivated Lawrence potential, when all she did was enable his stagnation to the point she got stagnant herself. A chick that is truly on the ball and has a progressive life will not allow a nikka with Lawrence potential to waste 5 years of her life.

I totally agree that women should not wait years for a real commitment if that’s what they desire. Where I disagree with you is the topic of Lawrence. A man who is comfortable living off a woman for several years will never be above anyone’s weight class.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Is this the final season?
Feels like they wrapping up shyt :manny:

I know Issa said a couple years ago she had an idea of Insecure only being a certain number of seasons, and not to drag on..

Not sure but Issa's been getting more involved with movies and music(I believe she has her own label).

HBO is notoriously cheap with their shows - she might have had enough with this

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I thought Condola was serious about being with Lawrence. Why the awkwardness towards Issa if you just fukking with him? Could of easily told her that and put her mind at ease.

I think the show is displaying that with Molly and the Asian guy(I forget his name) along with Lawrence - you should always establish the parameters of your relationships just so there's no confusion on both sides.

Lawrence started to see a future with this strong faced heffa and now he's feeling a type of way when he found out she's not looking for any of that

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I totally agree that women should not wait years for a real commitment if that’s what they desire. Where I disagree with you is the topic of Lawrence. A man who is comfortable living off a woman for several years will never be above anyone’s weight class.

Well, the show would disagree with you :mjlol:

Dude had the higher earning potential even when he was just chilling on the sofa, all of their mutual female friends make him look like the catch and is more physically attractive than her.
Even when they both leveled up, he seemed to do it faster while it took Issa like 2 seasons to get her mind right. On top of being on the verge of losing one of her best friends. Meanwhile Lawrence still cool with all his nikkas.

Issa sounding bitter to her brother pretty much confirms it. That convo doesn't even come up if she truly felt Lawrence was beneath her. Hard to read someone's potential when you can't even realize your own.
But yeah we all see shyt differently so we'll definitely disagree there. :myman: