Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
I hate when people say that the new person is reaping all the benefits of the work they put in on their ex. It might be true in Issa’s situation tho

It’s definitely true in Issa’s case. How much harder would it have been for Lawrence to pull himself out of that rut if Issa wasn’t funding his life on the couch for 2 years? Anyone’s bounce back would be a lot easier if they didn’t have to worry about rent for 2+ years. As Chad mentioned several times, Lawrence was a bum.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
That Lawrence and Condola conversation tonight was contrived as all hell.

“If she hadn’t had cheated on you would you still be with her?”

What kind of stupid fukking question is THAT:mindblown: Of COURSE dummy! But she DID and like a man I DROPPED her.

Thats why it’s important, if you are a man with “feelings” like Lawrence, to set expectations from the jump. You gotta tell ole girl you want a real relationship and not be afraid of rejection or you gonna end up in dumb ass arguments like that.

The show clearly wants to put Issa and Lawrence back together and I have no problem with that, I just wish they’d do it more organically.

Molly FINALLY got some good character development and I like Issa and her brother’s relationship. I was surprised they had Wendy Raquel Robinson as her mom. Guess we’ll be seeing more of her this season
The writing of this show is inconsistent... “Lawrence never paid for dinner when we went out” is some left field bullshyt...

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
The writing of this show is inconsistent... “Lawrence never paid for dinner when we went out” is some left field bullshyt...

How so? This is the same man who couldn’t even get Issa a cheap card for her birthday. That comment is only expanding on what we already knew.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
“I got the nikka with potential. I got the work in progress. She’s reaping all the benefits of his time with me.”

I was ready to :leostare: at Issa but she was being more reflective than being salty. I can respect that.

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps

What kind of stupid fukking question is THAT:mindblown: Of COURSE dummy! But she DID and like a man I DROPPED her.

Thats why it’s important, if you are a man with “feelings” like Lawrence, to set expectations from the jump. You gotta tell ole girl you want a real relationship and not be afraid of rejection or you gonna end up in dumb ass arguments like that.

The show clearly wants to put Issa and Lawrence back together and I have no problem with that, I just wish they’d do it more organically.

Molly FINALLY got some good character development and I like Issa and her brother’s relationship. I was surprised they had Wendy Raquel Robinson as her mom. Guess we’ll be seeing more of her this season
question was dumb as hell but tbh a woman saying some stupid shyt and thinking she made sense is as realistic as can be lol

Daps
Molly n Issa friendship on life support. :mjlol:

They friendship been on life support since the first season, they just pretend its jokes when they’re dead serious. Now they’re just saying fukk it and being truthful about the animosity towards each either.

I forgot what happened but I remember them falling out hard the first season.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I hate when people say that the new person is reaping all the benefits of the work they put in on their ex. It might be true in Issa’s situation tho
Especially when the truth is sometimes people need room to grow and being in a relationship stagnates that needed growth. That and sometimes it takes being single realize how much being single sucks and that your shyt do stink and leads to improving oneself.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

To me that convo was real as hell. That's the type of questions that usually linger around the edge until addressed. So in the middle of an argument is when some random shyt like that will come out. Especially if the person you're with knows your ex and how things ended. And the question has merit cause a lot of people hold on to exes mentally and the whole what if component and aren't ready to move on so it's good to get the question out there to gauge how serious someone is about moving forward or if there is a fear of them backtracking to that person.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
To me that convo was real as hell. That's the type of questions that usually linger around the edge until addressed. So in the middle of an argument is when some random shyt like that will come out. Especially if the person you're with knows your ex and how things ended. And the question has merit cause a lot of people hold on to exes mentally and the whole what if component and aren't ready to move on so it's good to get the question out there to gauge how serious someone is about moving forward or if there is a fear of them backtracking to that person.

How exactly does the question have merit when the answer to the question is pretty dry and simple? That doesn’t make sense to me and reeks of a desperate attempt to get a shot in in an argument you are clearly losing. That would be like asking someone “If your bully had been nice to you would you be their friend?” Or “If your Father hadn’t left you and your family would you be cool with him?” Like just stupid shyt. There’s literally no point to be made whatsoever.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
I didn’t really see him as simpin. Lawrence ALWAYS been a “relationship” type nikka. Ain’t nothing wrong with that, but you gotta be honest with both yourself and the woman up front BEFORE anything pops off or you’ll be moving crazy out here.
Isn’t his parents married? I think that’s why he’s like that. He’s a relationship nikka. Despite him having his shyt together, being a in shape good looking dude he’s terrible at being single. He doesn’t know the relationship game. I think he ultimately goes back to Issae(:hhh:) because it’s familiar.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Fixing Sinks for Playas:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
nikka that shyt took me out:pachaha:. The shows that are within the show are fukking hilarious.
How exactly does the question have merit when the answer to the question is pretty dry and simple? That doesn’t make sense to me and reeks of a desperate attempt to get a shot in in an argument you are clearly losing. That would be like asking someone “If your bully had been nice to you would you be their friend?” Or “If your Father hadn’t left you and your family would you be cool with him?” Like just stupid shyt. There’s literally no point to be made whatsoever.
You’re absolutely right. But you’re using logic. That has no place with women. It was her shot at getting her ass out of the corner. She threw a hook with her eyes closed and it hit him and stopped him right in his tracks:mjlol:. Women are great at that. shyt don’t have nothing to do with anything but it’s thrown out there. He isn’t equipped to deal with that. shyt most men aren’t. :yeshrug:

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps

I was yelling at the tv “don’t fall for that shyt! Don’t answer hypothetical situational questions!”

:damn:

Never ends well