Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Molly doesn't really have the kind of personality in general that fosters the right atmosphere for opening up about personal shyt. Always feels like she is one step away from clowning you or making a catty or judgemental remark. It's no wonder that a dude would want to take his time to determine if and when he should start sharing intimate or painful details about his life with her.
Exactly, and she proved him right. Dude said his family doesn’t know where his sister is, clearly a sensitive and complicated topic for anyone, and she immediately gets judgmental.

:hhh:

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
I thought this was a good episode for Molly... she showed growth at work and in her relationship with Andrew. She didn’t play games and told him what she wanted... but what was the look she gave Issa at the end of the episode about? It feels like someone else said here that she’s more vulnerable with Issa than Andrew and it’s harder for her to actually work on that relationship.

I liked the episode too. I feel like both Issa & Molly are used to seeing each other as screw ups, therefore, when they are legitimately taking steps to glow up, neither of them recognizes that effort in the other.

Issa Example - Issa has never done anything career wise, on a successful level on her own. She kinda just allowed life to happen to her. So when she is sharing progress over the block party, Molly is constantly surprised b/c she doesn’t expect Issa to go after what she wants, career wise, b/c that is not Issa’s pattern.

Molly Example - Molly actually was not in the wrong for trying to get the Asian dude to open up. So when she brings her dilemma to Issa, Issa automatically thinks Molly is overreacting. When Molly says, she wants more from a relationship so she’s taking sex off the table (Halloween party) with Asian dude, again Issa doubts her b/c that’s not Molly’s pattern.

Both of them are growing in areas that they sucked in but neither one of them can see each other’s growth.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
One of the perks of Fat dikk Club

:smugbiden:
d404dfdd03a02f86ccc99319ec358fa3_w200.gif

Wait. What just happened here??

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I liked the episode too. I feel like both Issa & Molly are used to seeing each other as screw ups, therefore, when they are legitimately taking steps to glow up, neither of them recognizes that effort in the other.

Issa Example - Issa has never done anything career wise, on a successful level on her own. She kinda just allowed life to happen to her. So when she is sharing progress over the block party, Molly is constantly surprised b/c she doesn’t expect Issa to go after what she wants, career wise, b/c that is not Issa’s pattern.

Molly Example - Molly actually was not in the wrong for trying to get the Asian dude to open up. So when she brings her dilemma to Issa, Issa automatically thinks Molly is overreacting. When Molly says, she wants more from a relationship so she’s taking sex off the table (Halloween party) with Asian dude, again Issa doubts her b/c that’s not Molly’s pattern.

Both of them are growing in areas that they sucked in but neither one of them can see each other’s growth.
Nailed it. This is the dynamic playing out right now.
Didn't watch the premiere caught up during this week and yesterday and been reading the thread. I think people are being too hard on Molly. Some of the criticism is warranted, (yes she should have eased up on the Asian guy and been more tactful regarding his family, it was obviously a sensitive subject). But overall I think she is learning from her past fukk ups. Issa was being a bytch when they were jogging. When you been single for a long time you start to press a bit and say and do things that are a little forward (been there). Mistake? Yes, but a small one. Molly is in that space, BUT the last thing you want to hear is that all your relationship misfortune is your fault. At least she is trying. And it is doubley hard to take from someone who cheated her way out of a five year relationship, left a friend's with benefits situation messy and God knows what happened between her and the Asian guy's friend. Now she is fukkin' some TSA guy with a kid on the way and taking Plan B birth control to stay out of deep trouble?! Bytch STFU! At least I'm trying for a healthy sustainable relationship, you are all loose and hoish. I'm not feeling your fukkin' advice. But
at the same clip Issa is doing better professionally and Molly is acting a little too surprised by it. But Molly is right about this love triangle situation. Shyt is going to end on a bad note. Lawrence fukked up majorly telling Issa to stop talking about him. You have to step to the current woman you are dealing with, if you aren't comfortable doing that you gotta let it slide. This back channel shyt is going to come to light either by Issa/Lawrence mistakenly admitting it or the phone messages. And the triangle will break both romantically and professionally. You can see it coming a mile away. I blame Lawrence tho, he should have never done that shyt talking to Issa.
Season starting off well. Only reason I didn't like last season because we lost the male dynamic. Lawrence and his group of friends riffing on relationships from a male perspective is necessary for the show, especially for us male viewers.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

Which is probably some of the realest shyt about being in long relationships that started at a particular age... like childhood friends can recognize growth because it’s so drastic in your teens etc... but the growth between your early twenties to your early 30s is not always prevalent. So you can only see the person that they were when they were 23. I feel like this can apply to romantic relationships as well.