Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Molly wasn't wrong trying to get jackie chan to open up.
Maybe but the way she went about was :scusthov:

"You don't know where your sister lives???"

"You can go if that's where you'd rather be."

"I want to date a guy with depth."

:bryan:

She's a lawyer, she needs to take a hint. And she should know how important it is to phrase things carefully if you want someone to open up and trust you.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Molly doesn't really have the kind of personality in general that fosters the right atmosphere for opening up about personal shyt. Always feels like she is one step away from clowning you or making a catty or judgemental remark. It's no wonder that a dude would want to take his time to determine if and when he should start sharing intimate or painful details about his life with her.

TinFoilSnapBack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Molly doesn't really have the kind of personality in general that fosters the right atmosphere for opening up about personal shyt. Always feels like she is one step away from clowning you or making a catty or judgemental remark. It's no wonder that a dude would want to take his time to determine if and when he should start sharing intimate or painful details about his life with her.

I literally just told my lady the exact same thing while watching the episode. I would never open up to a bytch like Molly for the exact reasons you mentioned. Furthermore, she accused ol' boy of not having any depth when she's actually the one with no depth.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Maybe but the way she went about was :scusthov:

"You don't know where your sister lives???"

"You can go if that's where you'd rather be."

"I want to date a guy with depth."

:bryan:

She's a lawyer, she needs to take a hint. And she should know how important it is to phrase things carefully if you want someone to open up and trust you.
Crazy how the lawyer is the one with the worst communication skills in the show.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
they be doing the most with big gristle's sex scenes

press the booty button :francis:

deviancy becoming mainstream

Facts
They be trying too hard with that TSA nikka's scenes and then the condom shyt was overboard for no reason.

Show really feeling trash now. shyt barely has any direction and Molly has got to be the most untactful speaking lawyer of all time. Lawerence and his friends were one of the few funny/bright spots in the episode. Ditto, for Kelli.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I think Insecure is starting to run it's course for me because Molly is such an uninteresting & annoying character. She takes up way too much time on a half hour show. It would be great if they wrote her off as her and Issa grow apart. Would be nice if they developed Kelli.

I'm at that point too. Season 1 was excellent, it's progressively gotten worse every season after. I'm still tuning in every week but I can't ignore the nosedive in quality.

I think Issa wants to be done with this show and continue on with her movie work.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I really don't think if the show interchanged all the seasons, you could really tell the difference in quality. It's been extremely consistent for what it wants to be.

As far as Molly, a lot of lawyers lack interpersonal skills, but the show isn't trying to be that layered, it's just a look at contemporary (very black) life in Los Angeles, and the issues of singlehood, relationships, race, identity, navigating your 30's, with (extremely high) bar setting, genre defining direction, and music. Has a 30 minute show, in TV history, ever been shot this well?

It does that as well as it did in the first season, no question. If you look at it like soap opera, where you take sides and "hate" characters, as harmless as Molly and Issa Rae (for christ's sake!), then I guess it won't be fun.

For me, spending more time with the characters is the reward after 4 seasons, it's like comfort food, to watch such a well done show.